Crystal Palace vs Manchester City - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Palace fan here. As you may or may not be aware, one of the people who died in the tram crash yesterday was a Palace fan. We're therefore looking at doing a minutes applause at 19 minutes in his memory. Thought I'd let you guys know.

Cheers

Talking to a Palace fan at work today and he says the club has announced that it would be holding a minute's silence before kick-off.

Cheers lads, really appreciate it. Southern Rail are likely to be up to their tricks but as you say, it's got a few different routes in so hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue. As long as you can get to some part of Croydon should be fine - Norwood Junction is probably easiest for the away section. Looking forward to a decent game, think you boys will most likely have too much firepower but with us you never know which Palace team will turn up on the day.. Will no doubt share a beer before/after.

The William Stanley, the Wetherspoons near Norwood Junction station which was the only pub in that area that allowed away fans, is no longer.

It is now a fancy 'craft beer' pub and is for Palace fans only.

The William Stanley, the Wetherspoons near Norwood Junction station which was the only pub in that area that allowed away fans, is no longer.

It is now a fancy 'craft beer' pub and is for Palace fans only.

Last season went to a couple of real ale pubs in Tulse Hill before & after the match as had to change there off the direct train from St Pancras. Both pretty decent & sociable pubs.

Am I right in thinking that as long as Kolarov, Stones, Sterling, Gundogan, Silva and Nolito get through tomorrow night we've managed to get through injury-free? Assuming Bravo's not out for long of course.

If so, we need to be ruthless against Palace. I have a feeling we'll do better away than at home.

Am I right in thinking that as long as Kolarov, Stones, Sterling, Gundogan, Silva and Nolito get through tomorrow night we've managed to get through injury-free? Assuming Bravo's not out for long of course.

If so, we need to be ruthless against Palace. I have a feeling we'll do better away than at home.

Not quite our South American contingent have some important games to play.

Bravo
Sagna Stones Kolarov Clichy
Fernandinho
De Bruyne Silva
Sterling Aguero Nolito

Lets go back to what was working and put Gundogan on after 60.
Fully agree with this, as much as I like Gundogan and the effort he's put in so far.

One minor detail, I would put De Bruyne back one line next to Fernandinho so he can play as a deeplying playmaker, the way he did for Belgium last night v Estonia and he was 'brilliant' in that role throughout. The man sees splitting passes no one else does and executes them to perfection.

Silva could then have a free role as number 10 in behind Agüero. Everybody happy and playing according to strength.

Fully agree with this, as much as I like Gundogan and the effort he's put in so far.

One minor detail, I would put De Bruyne back one line next to Fernandinho so he can play as a deeplying playmaker, the way he did for Belgium last night v Estonia and he was 'brilliant' in that role throughout. The man sees splitting passes no one else does and executes them to perfection.

Silva could then have a free role as number 10 in behind Agüero. Everybody happy and playing according to strength.
A deep playmaker is no help to us when teams just retreat and defend their penalty area.

ESPN are saying that barring any injuries in the midweek games Guardiola could have a fully fit squad to choose from for the first time. They claim Sagna, Delph and even Toure could come into consideration.

ESPN are saying that barring any injuries in the midweek games Guardiola could have a fully fit squad to choose from for the first time. They claim Sagna, Delph and even Toure could come into consideration.
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.