Crystal Palace's 'No Goal'

Bluemoon115 said:
How about this for a rule:

3 appeals each, every unsuccessful appeal results in the teams losing an appeal.

TO appeal, players of a team must tell the captain what happened, and he alone must make the appeal, no-one else.

Minimum time added on per appeal is 1 min, unless the appeal takes longer (This will cut out time wasting apppeals).

Appeals can only be made at a stoppage in play, therefore the game is not disrupted.

If play contunies, and an appeal is successful, the time from the continued play must be added on.
Thats close to the run that's used in the NFL, which they brought in after a string of similer screw ups, they also have officals that review the last 2 mins of each half taking it outside club appeal.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Bluemoon115 said:
How about this for a rule:

3 appeals each, every unsuccessful appeal results in the teams losing an appeal.

TO appeal, players of a team must tell the captain what happened, and he alone must make the appeal, no-one else.

Minimum time added on per appeal is 1 min, unless the appeal takes longer (This will cut out time wasting apppeals).

Appeals can only be made at a stoppage in play, therefore the game is not disrupted.

If play contunies, and an appeal is successful, the time from the continued play must be added on.
Thats close to the run that's used in the NFL, which they brought in after a string of similer screw ups, they also have officals that review the last 2 mins of each half taking it outside club appeal.

LOL, I don't watch NFL because it looks rubbish, but at least they've got that part right.

Bluemoon115 said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:

LOL, I don't watch NFL because it looks rubbish, but at least they've got that part right.
I just happened to be living in the US when it was put into place, it's funny because it felt just like this, high profile failures, questions over technology, implementation and in the end it actually has worked very well and has helped get the right calls on the field of play.

I feel sorry for Palace, but not for Warnock (sorry, Colin!). The guy is a prize twunt. I don't think I've ever seen a side managed by him go on to lose a game and it not to be the ref's fault. Bad loser. He did have a point yesterday though!

The ref could carry a hand held monitor (it would be no bigger than an ipod) on a belt.The 4th official could transmit short replays of off the ball incidents (eg;elbows,spitting,ect)and these could be dealt with.If players know that "Big Brother" is watching,then they will stop.But consistency is the key.How many times do we see the likes of Rooney mouth the words "ref,you're a twat" in the face of a ref,and nothing is done.IT'S A RED CARD OFFENCE.Then,another day,another player gets a red.It's so infuriating.

cyberblue said:
To be fair to the ref its not inconcievable that he blinked/someone blocked his view of the shot and then the next thing he see is the ball coming back from goal. He probably thought it hit the post

But, how can you not see how all the defenders immediately slunk down and turned around? Or the reaction of the fans? It doesn't make sense for it to have hit the post. That was a terrible miss for the ref and his crew.

The right decision here would be for the FA(?) to overturn the decision and award each team a point.

If anyone from the Bristol City camp protested it, they would be a shower of cunts to say the least. I'm not a big Warnock fan, but CP dont deserve to walk away from that game with nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.