Crystal Palace's 'No Goal'

Nothing radical needs to be done to sort this out.

There should be an official who watches replays of goal-line incidents like that, and they should be able to radio down the the 4th official that it was a goal. No major disruptions, 20 - 30 seconds tops. And how often is it in football that it's not clear cut if the ball has crossed the line of not? maybe 5 - 10 times a season?

It's not rocket science.

Thats a disgrace, and you've got to feel a bit sorry for Neil Warnock (I do anyway)

No no no.

This kind of thing happened and will continue to happen forever, it's the game, it's human falliability.

The only reason everyone is so up in arms now is because you have 100 replays, cameras and every other pundit show calling for the ref's head and goal line technology.

Leave it as it is.

That clip does not show why it was not given.

I'm glad it happened to Warnock, he bollocked one of his players for not cheating, "why the fuck did you not go down" to big Adi as he left the pitch.

I thought they where banning the posts at the back of the goals for this reason.

quiet_riot said:
No no no.

This kind of thing happened and will continue to happen forever, it's the game, it's human falliability.

The only reason everyone is so up in arms now is because you have 100 replays, cameras and every other pundit show calling for the ref's head and goal line technology.

Leave it as it is.

Sorry blue, but I have to disagree. Let me paint a picture......

Sunday May 9th, 2010 - West Ham and Manchester City are fiercely locked in battle, only 5 minutes left in the game plus stoppage time. The score is currently tied at 1-1, a Gareth Barry penalty in the 66th minute having canceled out Carlton Cole's early header.

Shaun Wright Phillips floats a hopeful ball in from the right side....Adebayor flicks it on, and Robinho does this;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97-WnPglbQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97-WnPglbQ</a>

But the ref disallows the goal....problem is, despite their early promise Arsenal are currently 2-0 down at home to Fulham, and a City win would see them leapfrog Arsenal into that all important Champions League place....

20 years ago, we could trot out the 'human error' excuse, but not in this day and age of technological marvels...especially when one point can mean so much at the end of the day.

Something needs to be done.

quite frankly, who gives a toss about warnock? he is a tw4t, always has been. if it had happened to nearly any other manager i'd feel sorry for him (with the obvious exceptions), but not warnock. maybe its a bit of karma maybe its a bit of 'the boy who cried wolf' syndrome.

TFC said:

Sunday May 9th, 2010 - West Ham and Manchester City are fiercely locked in battle, only 5 minutes left in the game plus stoppage time. The score is currently tied at 1-1, a Gareth Barry penalty in the 66th minute having canceled out Carlton Cole's early header.

Shaun Wright Phillips floats a hopeful ball in from the right side....Adebayor flicks it on, and Robinho does this;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97-WnPglbQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L97-WnPglbQ</a>

But the ref disallows the goal....problem is, despite their early promise Arsenal are currently 2-0 down at home to Fulham, and a City win would see them leapfrog Arsenal into that all important Champions League place....

20 years ago, we could trot out the 'human error' excuse, but not in this day and age of technological marvels...especially when one point can mean so much at the end of the day.

I do take your point, I do, but, it's one of those things that could go either way.
We could score an ghost goal, keeping us out of the Champ's league, but also, Arsenal have an equal chance of scoring a ghost goal that gifts us a Champ's league place.

I realise there is millions riding on the games, but it is just that, a game, people make mistakes.

quiet_riot said:
TFC said:

I do take your point, I do, but, it's one of those things that could go either way.
We could score an ghost goal, keeping us out of the Champ's league, but also, Arsenal have an equal chance of scoring a ghost goal that gifts us a Champ's league place.

I realise there is millions riding on the games, but it is just that, a game, people make mistakes.

To be honest, I couldn't see Arsenal losing at home to Fulham in the last game anyway...we will just have to have that CL spot cemented before the end of the season!

;)

TFC said:
To be honest, I couldn't see Arsenal losing at home to Fulham in the last game anyway...we will just have to have that CL spot cemented before the end of the season!

;)

Oh of course!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.