Crystal Palace's 'No Goal'

quiet_riot said:
No no no.

This kind of thing happened and will continue to happen forever, it's the game, it's human falliability.

The only reason everyone is so up in arms now is because you have 100 replays, cameras and every other pundit show calling for the ref's head and goal line technology.

Leave it as it is.

Every sport you could think of had people saying this prior to the introduction of technology. Every one of those sports has been improved.

People being scared of change is no argument at all.

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
quite frankly, who gives a toss about warnock? he is a tw4t, always has been. if it had happened to nearly any other manager i'd feel sorry for him (with the obvious exceptions), but not warnock. maybe its a bit of karma maybe its a bit of 'the boy who cried wolf' syndrome.

I agree - Warnock acting the paragon of virtue is quite something. He got his players to feign injury against West Brom once to try and get the game called off. An anagram of his name is Colin Wanker... me and my mates call him Colin... suits the cnut

I'm with quiet riot on this one.

Whilst I like change I also like the fact that football is full of variables. if we sanitise the game the top four would be even further out of reach than they already are. The fact that incidents such as this can provoke real strong debate and discussion is what the game is all about.

Nine times out of ten when studio based commentators look at an incident from all the different angles these is failure to agree unanimously (though i do acceopte this incident is the one in ten where they would be in unison. It is the variability and debate that keeps this game so great, lets not spoil it by stavcking the odds against the minnows even further.

It just confirms how bad referee's and linesmen are in this country. Reading game not long ago, same thing.

scorer said:
I'm with quiet riot on this one.

Whilst I like change I also like the fact that football is full of variables. if we sanitise the game the top four would be even further out of reach than they already are. The fact that incidents such as this can provoke real strong debate and discussion is what the game is all about.

Nine times out of ten when studio based commentators look at an incident from all the different angles these is failure to agree unanimously (though i do acceopte this incident is the one in ten where they would be in unison. It is the variability and debate that keeps this game so great, lets not spoil it by stavcking the odds against the minnows even further.

You're spot on. This incident is a nailed on goal, but the introduction of further technology would only add to the ammunition the 'experts' have against refs and such.

Hi..

I'm a palace fan as is obvious :) and i think this "goal" was a disgrace. Where can the referee or any assistants not see that the ball has gone in? And then when there players are arguing amongst themselves over who was marking Sears, and there fans holding their heads, what in the refs mind can make him believe that it's not a goal?

Also am looking forward to your lots visit in the Carling Cup, hope its a good game :)

Palace_Fan

Palace_Fan_Here said:
Hi..

I'm a palace fan as is obvious :) and i think this "goal" was a disgrace. Where can the referee or any assistants not see that the ball has gone in? And then when there players are arguing amongst themselves over who was marking Sears, and there fans holding their heads, what in the refs mind can make him believe that it's not a goal?

Also am looking forward to your lots visit in the Carling Cup, hope its a good game :)

Palace_Fan
nothing against palace fans but
anything that upsets two of the biggest twats in football
( warnock& jordon match made in heaven btw) can only be seen as funny

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.