CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

Let's not let the result get in the way of the facts, fantastic 3 points
on a dodgy pitch but we got out of jail tonight against a pretty poor
team.

We should have put this tie to bed early on but we didn't. A point
blank save and a very lucky decision saved us.

Saying that, I reckon we'll put at least four past these at home.

samharris said:
Rocket Sauce said:
Great win tonight!!! I too, was concerned before kickoff when I saw Garcia on the team sheet. He did ok. He's not a centre half, so we have to keep that in mind when criticising.If anyone should come in for criticism about it, it's Pellegrini. But...and this is the most important part...we got the 3 points.

Overall, no complaints from me as we got the job done. Bring on Chelsea!!!!

maybe those criticising him dont know this..;)

So why do we keep playing him there. Joleon must be real pissed.

taconinja said:
mancitygaz said:
taconinja said:
Positional awareness I imagine is what the manager is thinking.
Are you on crack?
No. Richards has shown at times in the past that he can lose positional awareness. If you think this is controversial, then you can't really be helped.
No, no and trice no! If you think Garcia is preferred at CB for his
'Positional awareness' then you don't need help my fine fellow, you
are helpless.
Goodnight

Gaylord du Bois said:
East Level 2 said:
I'm With Specsavers said:
I only saw the second half and I thought we looked quite shite. But I'll take a scrappy win away in Russia, in 0 degrees, on a plastic pitch that's all cut up. Now for two home games to finish the job.
Eh?
It's all in the username.

Or he just needs to remove the word WITH from his moniker.

A few points from tonight's match that seemed to have escaped comment.

Great save from Joe at the end, but that was rubbish goalkeeping for their goal. Two defenders coming across the striker and Joe dashes from his line and gives him a simple finish. Very, very poor.

Their disallowed goal, most players stopped, including Dzeko, Nastasic, because they heard the whistle long before the strike on goal.

For anyone with any confidence in this group of players, tonight's result puts top spot in this group still very much in play.

mancitygaz said:
taconinja said:
mancitygaz said:
Are you on crack?
No. Richards has shown at times in the past that he can lose positional awareness. If you think this is controversial, then you can't really be helped.
No, no and trice no! If you think Garcia is preferred at CB for his
'Positional awareness' then you don't need help my fine fellow, you
are helpless.
Goodnight
I didn't say that, did I? Someone asked why Richards wasn't chosen, and that's the best guess isn't it considering the idea that Pellegrini wants to lose or any such nonsense is moronic?

Bluekiwi said:
We won.
No injuries which was my biggest worry with that pitch.
Let's move on now to the next game.

This, just hope we never play with that defence ever again. Dodgy defending and got out of jail with the brilliance of our forward line.....in the first half.

Why are some downplaying CSKA like they weren't champions of Russia last season and were missing Doumbia for most of the season as to why there's been a lack of goals?

taconinja said:
mancitygaz said:
taconinja said:
Positional awareness I imagine is what the manager is thinking.
Are you on crack?

Whilst this may be true, positional awareness at centre half is hardly Garcia's strongpoint either, not withstanding that he's also shit. Got caught flat-footed by a 60 yarder over his head early doors, got caught underneath another hoof from which he then had to frantically backpedal only to still get out jumped by Honda, completely lost his opponent in the box 2nd half leaving him with a free header from 5 yards out at the back post. He's a mediocre central midfielder, but as a central defender he's an accident waiting to happen at all times. Not aided and abetted by being deployed alongside Nasty and Kolarov, who were also caught napping repeatedly, but a liability in his own right nonetheless. Whatever Micah's faults, he could not conceivably do worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.