CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

Think we did great in getting the 3 points. And that's what it's all about at this stage of the CL-campaign.

We should -again- have been out of sight withing half an hour to make the game a formality after that. But we hardly critisize the players who miss great opportunities to score ame off. Instead we focus on a man who in principal is not a CB and is being exposed too often because of lack of team defending. Should we replace Garcia for Lescott? Lescott looks pretty poor with the ball on a perfect pitch, let alone on this one. Richards? The man is only chasing the defending mistakes for not reading the game. Both Lescott and Richards are fine, Richards in fact is great when being right-back. But I doubt Pellegrini had much options last night and with Kompany and Demichelis out, Garcia should be 1st choice in the way Pellegrini wants his team to play.

Anyway, great result and if we beat CSKA and Pilzen at home, we are through to the next round.

MillionDollarDream said:
Why are some downplaying CSKA like they weren't champions of Russia last season and were missing Doumbia for most of the season as to why there's been a lack of goals?
They're 6th in their league, 11 points behind the leaders, and are in terrible form having not won any of their last five games, losing four of them and drawing one.

Ameturish. Plain and simple. Lucky in the end that our missed chances didnt cost us. Joe kun and the kid did well. Still joe needs cut out the poor decision making that cost us the opening goal.

for those asking about lescott, im assuming pellegrini is wanting one right footed centre back and one left footed centre back to provide balance. garcia wasn't even that bad tonight. good result in tough circumstances, a win at home to these and we could be through to the knockouts!

mancitygaz said:
taconinja said:
gmckennasell said:
Great result , but why is pellergrini persevering with garcia at centre back ? , he a liability , Micah should have played at centre back tonight , it would have been a far more comfortable night with him in defence , a natural right sided defender , quick and good in the air.
Positional awareness I imagine is what the manager is thinking.
Are you on crack?

Pellegrini will have barely worked in training with Micah as a CB. He missed pre season and has only been training with the squad for a few weeks. Pellegrini might have seen him play a few games as a CB on the telly but that's it. Pellegrini will probably still be concentrating on communicating how he wants him to play the full back role.

Same old same old. Only this time the result (thank God) the result was different.

But fundamentally we were still wasteful up front with too many good chances not out away. Yaya missed an absolute sitter and Kun and Dzeko both missing chances that they really shoud have taken.

And at the other end, it's amateurish again. Yes there's some excuses with Kompany and the other bloke I can't spell both out. But for the life of me I cannot understand why we did not give our defenders some better protection with a deeper lying holding midfield player, especially after Garcia kept getting beaten, as we knew he would anyway. It was asking for trouble setting up as we did, but we fluked a win. Better opponents would have taken their many chances and beatn us again.

carlosthejackal said:
Fantastic result, should have won by a mile, yet seem content to make the fans sweat till the end. Dzeko needs to grow a pair, obviously sulking again and played as though he couldnt give a shit. Seems as though he wants everything on his own terms.Never been a fan of Garcia , slow , ponderous, not the bravest, but at least he gives everything when asked to play, unlike Dzeko.

Never been a fan of Garcia , slow , ponderous, not the bravest, but at least he gives everything when asked to play

Absolutely. Garcia is limited but he always gives 100%.

Dzeko on the other hand is a massive shithouse.

That 'tackle' alone where he wafted a leg out like Michael Jackson is reason enough to sell the guy.

Made Nasri's 'derby day fee kick' leg waft look like Andy Morisson levels of commitment,

Fucking shite.<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:01 am --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
I thought Dzeko was a little unfortunate not to score at least one of those two chances

Sky pointing out that City could have conceded in the last moments, but we had more than our fair share of very good chances.

Garcia attracting criticism for not winning that header with Honda, and unfortunately for us it led to their goal, but I watched the entire game, and he won the majority of his challenges.

Critics are grasping at straws

Garcia played well. Again.

Had a nightmare for their goal but other than that he did everything else well and was solid.

mancitygaz said:
taconinja said:
gmckennasell said:
Great result , but why is pellergrini persevering with garcia at centre back ? , he a liability , Micah should have played at centre back tonight , it would have been a far more comfortable night with him in defence , a natural right sided defender , quick and good in the air.
Positional awareness I imagine is what the manager is thinking.
Are you on crack?
never seen Garcia in the right position tbh at cb, Micah might be a bit mad for a cb but he knows the job

Exeter Blue I am here said:
taconinja said:
mancitygaz said:
Are you on crack?
No. Richards has shown at times in the past that he can lose positional awareness. If you think this is controversial, then you can't really be helped.

Whilst this may be true, positional awareness at centre half is hardly Garcia's strongpoint either, not withstanding that he's also shit. Got caught flat-footed by a 60 yarder over his head early doors, got caught underneath another hoof from which he then had to frantically backpedal only to still get out jumped by Honda, completely lost his opponent in the box 2nd half leaving him with a free header from 5 yards out at the back post. He's a mediocre central midfielder, but as a central defender he's an accident waiting to happen at all times. Not aided and abetted by being deployed alongside Nasty and Kolarov, who were also caught napping repeatedly, but a liability in his own right nonetheless. Whatever Micah's faults, he could not conceivably do worse
what game did you watch? nasty was tops, did his own job while covering for that clowns mistakes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.