CSKA Post Match Thread

NinoK said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Hope our players get to watch the CFC match. There is a solidity about Chelsea that we haven't got.
yeah, except chelsea get to play maribor and schalke, while city gets roma and cska. not exactly comparable. CSKA are one of the biggest teams in Russia (where the domestic league is VERY strong), while Maribor have never before even qualified for the group stages in the CL and pay their footballers what CSKA's players get per hour basically.

And they have the benefit of an iffy pen and an offside goal! But there is far more woomph about CFC than we appear to have displayed in Moscow!

Juan King said:
Every time a result doesn't go our way, the usual crackpots come on here posting the same shite. The same players get singled out & apparently even the manager, who won two trophies last season, is now not good enough either!

We were poor second half, but it happens. To suggest we need to change the manager & ship out some of our best players is ridiculous. Even most of the favourites on here were poor too, should we ship them all out?

Post of the thread.

Shocking performance tonight from our players, that second half was shameful.
I've pretty much given up on qualifying, but what I want to see from our final games is some pride, some passion and most of all, some fight!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Not sure why Pellegrini is getting all the grief. The players looked knackered in the second half. Dino looked awful when he came on and we just kept hacking the ball out with no composure whatsoever. We should have sewn that game up.
Kolarov and Yaya had a shocker for me and the ref was a joke.
the ref made one poor decision..one...we got a soft pen on saturday.
pellegrini is getting the grief cos he simply refuses to change tactics.stubborn beyond belief.
we will not progress in europe..i truly believe we have regressed this season i n europe.

One poor decision? You on drugs mate? Not see the one on Dzeko which would have made it 3-0? That was the more important incorrect decision.

Not excusing the second half performance but that was the real turning point.

crmcfc said:
Its fair that Pellergrini is getting some stick on here a Sunday league manager would have known to play one up front tonight any one with a brain said so beforehand.

But how do you legislate for Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Toure Milner (obviously), Fernando and Dzeko all turning in absolutely shambolic performances in the 2nd half that from a professional point of view beggared belief. No matter what formation or tactics you have would not have worked the way they were playing. They need a good bollocking (but from who? its easy come easy go at the club) there is more to it than picking you money up in these games we are undone time and time again in CL.

I am sorry everyone but we need to talk about James (aka Jimmy, Jamie some great passes into touch and pinpoint 3 feet passes to the Moscow players) at some point....but not tonight......

Maybe they all looked at Toure and thought if he can't be fucking bothered why should I!!!

However, the simple truth is they had two shots on target (one a penalty) and scored

It still doesn't excuse the inability of Pellegrini to get his tactics right....which he continues to do

Juan King said:
Every time a result doesn't go our way, the usual crackpots come on here posting the same shite. The same players get singled out & apparently even the manager, who won two trophies last season, is now not good enough either!

We were poor second half, but it happens. To suggest we need to change the manager & ship out some of our best players is ridiculous. Even most of the favourites on here were poor too, should we ship them all out?

Spot on mate

jared said:
Pigeonho said:
TheThirdDeano said:
It's actually frightening how far we are off the likes of Bayern, Real, Barca or even teams like Atletico Madrid.

European Success will come, but it won't be for a long, long time.
Thsts why its not frightening. The first 3 have been doing it for decades. It doesn't just happen overnight, you have to work at it and earn it. Our players need to get thst into their heads.

PSG have done better than us since their sugar daddy invested heavily. Our investment in comparison hasn't paid off

excuse me what?

blueinsa said:
Juan King said:

Post of the thread.
You just said its the fault of corrupt officials!!! I created a thread saying what this poster said, about the manger, and got absolutely fucking HAMMERED for it! This fucking place.

deafmanstevo said:
DTKOAG said:
Win in Rome and we are through.

The thing is there might be 80,000 Italians there but if you look at Roma's stadium the fans are not near the pitch and not as intimidating as they could be, we could easily get a result there I think we showed them too much respect at the etihad

We could but how many times in 4 years have we really turned up and played to our full ability in Europe? Very very few.

Why all of a sudden people think we will turn into world beaters in this comp I don't know.

We were lucky to get away with 1-0 in Munich. Lucky to get a point at home to Roma and tonight's 2nd half performance was just dire.

inchy14 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Not sure why Pellegrini is getting all the grief. The players looked knackered in the second half. Dino looked awful when he came on and we just kept hacking the ball out with no composure whatsoever. We should have sewn that game up.
Kolarov and Yaya had a shocker for me and the ref was a joke.
the ref made one poor decision..one...we got a soft pen on saturday.
pellegrini is getting the grief cos he simply refuses to change tactics.stubborn beyond belief.
we will not progress in europe..i truly believe we have regressed this season i n europe.

One poor decision? You on drugs mate? Not see the one on Dzeko which would have made it 3-0? That was the more important incorrect decision.

Not excusing the second half performance but that was the real turning point.

Was our second goal not offside?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.