CSKA Post Match Thread

Rodney said:
A point away from home is not a disaster in this competition. Yes, we should have won, but we just need to accept what we have and move on.
It is a disaster when you only have 1 point from the first 2 games and you're supposedly playing the weakest team in the group

baildon blue said:
I have a feeling Klopp will be are next manager .
Pellergrini was poor with his subs again .
I don't rate CSKA Moscow and no way should we toss away a two goal lead .
Pellergrini doing himself no favours by sticking up for Yaya Toure .
3rd champions league Yaya done nothing .

Give me fucking strength...

shemnel said:
bayern's got 5 by the way

It won't matter if they score Ten!!

The fact is that we will struggle to win in Rome and the head to head counts

BTW Roma beat Moscow 6-1

What does thta say about us?

I am tired of this little fucking club mentality many of our supporters have

It is time we held players and the manager to account!

blue_sonic176 said:
Armaan said:
4!! And this is an even stronger Roma side than we played haha. Bayern with robben will spank us silly.

It's all about the killer instinct and maintaining your intensity through the 90 minutes regardless of the score. We can't do it, sadly
This about sums it up for me,at times we remind me of a player who is great at club level,but cant step up to international level..

oakiecokie said:
The whole midfield after that second half performance,should be ashamed of themselves.No-one is exempt from criticism and even the Manager,who I have never slagged off,also falls into that category.

i thought the midfield was the worst part of the win over spurs as well, i thought very similar mistakes were made tonight. I don't want to slag off a 4-1 win obviously, that's taking it a bit far, but a few folk picked up on the short comings of the midfield in that game that were evident 10 fold tonight. need a decent kick up the arris!!

mad zab said:
shemnel said:
bayern's got 5 by the way

It won't matter if they score Ten!!

The fact is that we will struggle to win in Rome and the head to head counts

BTW Roma beat Moscow 6-1

What does thta say about us?

I am tired of this little fucking club mentality many of our supporters have

It is time we held players and the manager to account!

We don't have a little club mentality. We have a "lets not sack the manager and all the players after every bad performance" mentality

city91 said:
Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
I disagree. It happened almost overnight with Atletico and Dortmund. They just sprang to life quickly and challenged for the trophy. No reason we should not be challenging, except... well, I question the players more than the manager. There is a collective lack of hunger that has spanned two completely different regimes (authoritarian Mancini and loveable Pellegrini).

Two things Atletico and Dortmund had in common despite playing totally different styles: they were fearless and got in the face of any team, no matter what their standing and reputation.
Maybe it is an actual club thing, as stupid and far fetched as that sounds. I've heard before how we seem to just not believe in ourselves in the competition. It csmt be the players because we have world cups winners amongst us and players who have played for some huge clubs. It feels like a curse in thst sense, like we just don't believe. Thst of course has to be bollocks though.

I'd put it more down to the fact that Atletico and Dortmund are two teams that have a well drilled formation. Every player knows their role and if one players is missing, another one can replace them with minimal fuss. You only have to look at the players they have lost in past transfer windows and see their current CL performances to prove this.

Although they do have players who are a lot better than others like Reus and Koke, the fact is Atletico and Dortmund can adapt a lot better with the loss of their stars than we can.

We still seem to be a team based upon individual quality rather than a collective team effort. Until this is addressed I cannot see us reaching our potential.
Great post, but I cannot envisage that the manager would not work on a set formation. Are we still trying to find the balance?

I prefer 4-5-1 so much more than the 442 system due to its stability. Also when Aguero is on his day, he is lethal in that position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.