CSKA Post Match Thread

A point away from home is not a disaster in this competition. Yes, we should have won, but we just need to accept what we have and move on.

Pigeonho said:
blueinsa said:
Juan King said:
Every time a result doesn't go our way, the usual crackpots come on here posting the same shite. The same players get singled out & apparently even the manager, who won two trophies last season, is now not good enough either!

We were poor second half, but it happens. To suggest we need to change the manager & ship out some of our best players is ridiculous. Even most of the favourites on here were poor too, should we ship them all out?

Post of the thread.
You just said its the fault of corrupt officials!!! I created a thread saying what this poster said, about the manger, and got absolutely fucking HAMMERED for it! This fucking place.

I didn't comment on your thread.

If I did, I would have agreed with you lol

Pigeonho said:
jared said:
Pigeonho said:
Thsts why its not frightening. The first 3 have been doing it for decades. It doesn't just happen overnight, you have to work at it and earn it. Our players need to get thst into their heads.

PSG have done better than us since their sugar daddy invested heavily. Our investment in comparison hasn't paid off
I can't pretend to know what their domestic record has been since their investment, but does it better ours?
We are, or at least I am, talking about champions league record/performance. In that regard, PSG has done well compared to us, without dominating Europe the likes of bayern Barca and real have done for many years.

hgblue said:
Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
Maybe, just maybe, we should change tactics for European games?

IMO that isn't the only reason we didn't win tonight and it isn't even the biggest reason we didn't win.

So on we go doing the same thing expecting different results.....
Convinced it's entirely mental. Why don't we have problems in the Premiership? Ajax, CSKA atc are weaker than most Premiership teams and we handle Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc.

We're in a difficult group and lost very narrowly at Bayern and that's turned the screw. Time for City to respond now and shut a lot of people up

This is the last thing for City to sort out

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
inchy14 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
the ref made one poor decision..one...we got a soft pen on saturday.
pellegrini is getting the grief cos he simply refuses to change tactics.stubborn beyond belief.
we will not progress in europe..i truly believe we have regressed this season i n europe.

One poor decision? You on drugs mate? Not see the one on Dzeko which would have made it 3-0? That was the more important incorrect decision.

Not excusing the second half performance but that was the real turning point.

Was our second goal not offside?

Kind of looked offside to me.

Refs have been pretty crap for us in this competition but it was not the official up in Jimmy Lad's ear (or Yayas) telling them to just lose possession immediately every time they were on the ball in the second half.

inchy14 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
bluemonkey71 said:
Not sure why Pellegrini is getting all the grief. The players looked knackered in the second half. Dino looked awful when he came on and we just kept hacking the ball out with no composure whatsoever. We should have sewn that game up.
Kolarov and Yaya had a shocker for me and the ref was a joke.
the ref made one poor decision..one...we got a soft pen on saturday.
pellegrini is getting the grief cos he simply refuses to change tactics.stubborn beyond belief.
we will not progress in europe..i truly believe we have regressed this season i n europe.

One poor decision? You on drugs mate? Not see the one on Dzeko which would have made it 3-0? That was the more important incorrect decision.

Not excusing the second half performance but that was the real turning point.

Would have been a clear goal scoring opportunity as well.

Still think our players dont work hard enough to be successful at the highest level. Looking at bayern, full of world cup and champions league winners, are fighting to win the ball back even at 5-0.

Pigeonho said:
LoveCity said:
Pigeonho said:
Thsts why its not frightening. The first 3 have been doing it for decades. It doesn't just happen overnight, you have to work at it and earn it. Our players need to get thst into their heads.

I disagree. It happened almost overnight with Atletico and Dortmund. They just sprang to life quickly and challenged for the trophy. No reason we should not be challenging, except... well, I question the players more than the manager. There is a collective lack of hunger that has spanned two completely different regimes (authoritarian Mancini and loveable Pellegrini).

Two things Atletico and Dortmund had in common despite playing totally different styles: they were fearless and got in the face of any team, no matter what their standing and reputation.
Maybe it is an actual club thing, as stupid and far fetched as that sounds. I've heard before how we seem to just not believe in ourselves in the competition. It csmt be the players because we have world cups winners amongst us and players who have played for some huge clubs. It feels like a curse in thst sense, like we just don't believe. Thst of course has to be bollocks though.

I'd put it more down to the fact that Atletico and Dortmund are two teams that have a well drilled formation. Every player knows their role and if one players is missing, another one can replace them with minimal fuss. You only have to look at the players they have lost in past transfer windows and see their current CL performances to prove this.

Although they do have players who are a lot better than others like Reus and Koke, the fact is Atletico and Dortmund can adapt a lot better with the loss of their stars than we can.

We still seem to be a team based upon individual quality rather than a collective team effort. Until this is addressed I cannot see us reaching our potential.

I have a feeling Klopp will be are next manager .
Pellergrini was poor with his subs again .
I don't rate CSKA Moscow and no way should we toss away a two goal lead .
Pellergrini doing himself no favours by sticking up for Yaya Toure .
3rd champions league Yaya done nothing .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.