CSKA Post Match Thread

Damocles said:
Mister Appointment said:
Damocles said:
For the people who are suggesting that we were robbed by a penalty decision, are they also taking into account how we were given an offside goal?

You can't have it both ways. You can't whinge about how officiating cost us when also not acknowledging that it greatly helped us. As Mister Appointment so elquently pointed out, that shit is what the rags and the rest of the wankers do.

The difference between the offside and the penalty decisions is pretty clear. The offside was so marginal even the replays are pretty much inconclusive because even if Zaba's a few inches in front of his marker, the centre half seems to be in line with him when the ball is played. Was pointed out in the after match analysis I watched. This is very different from the penalty incidents which were clear and visible in real time.

True but they both fall under the heading of bad decisions by the officials that benefited one of the teams.

I mean what exactly are people suggesting here? That there is a conspiracy amongst European referees to give bad decisions against City?

We're in the same position Chelsea found themselves a few years ago....

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9210571/Chelsea-v-Barcelona-The-controversial-battle-of-the-Bridge-in-2009-Champions-League-semi-final.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... final.html</a>

People are hoping we fail because we're not one of the big boys, yet.

And compare the reporting from last night to when the rags got knocked out by Mourinho's Madrid side with Nani getting sent off, the whole of the countries press were up in arms for a correct decision given against them whilst we are ridiculed in most quarters.

Poor second half yes but the ref does his job properly then it's likely to be 3-0 at half time or 2-1 at the end, he didn't and ultimately it cost us, and please don't anyone start about the offside, not one of their players appealed it was that close and the benefit always should go with the attacker.

blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
He has been banging the drum all morning and fair play to him for spending so much time in trying to find a still that he thinks backs up his arguments.

I fucking give up sometimes on here.

Honestly I wish you fucking would. At least I add a bit of reasoned perspective instead of the poor lickle persecuted City rubbish you keep spouting.

The fact is we fucked up last night, end of. All this looking for excuses is completely lame. We fucked up and we move on.

EDIT: Just seen your apology so fair enough.

And by the way, I said I did NOT think it was a penalty, but I could see why it was given and that in the great scheme of penalty travesties, it is not worse than many. And I didn't spend ages, I just played the bleeding clip and posted it FFS.

We will agree to disagree. Given the tone of your reply though it seems my apology was wasted.

Unfortunately you quoted my reply before I had properly edited it, which I duly did after your apology, which was gracious of you. My edited version is much more civil.

blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
Chippy_boy said:
Watching the match highlights I had another look at the penalty, and you know what on re-watching it a few times, I can see why it was given. Yes it was soft and yes Doumbia is a cheating twat. But Kolarov definitely clips him. I don't think it should have been given, but I've seen worse decisions if I am honest.

r9mzra.jpg

Mark Ogden, Ian Ladyman, etc would be proud of that post. Well in lad!

He has been banging the drum all morning and fair play to him for spending so much time in trying to find a still that he thinks backs up his arguments.

So much disrespect for our players, manager, senior managers and owner at times it beggars belief.
Ah, yes, that damned ref and bloody UEFA made us give the ball away endlessly in the second half and not create a single bleeding chance for the whole second 45mins.

Not one of our players or the manager is to blame at all!

KippaxCitizen said:

To be fair to blueinsa he's said repeatedly that we were terrible in the second half. Think your sarcasm might be misplaced based on that.

Chippy_boy said:
blueinsa said:
Chippy_boy said:
Honestly I wish you fucking would. At least I add a bit of reasoned perspective instead of the poor lickle persecuted City rubbish you keep spouting.

The fact is we fucked up last night, end of. All this looking for excuses is completely lame. We fucked up and we move on.

EDIT: Just seen your apology so fair enough.

And by the way, I said I did NOT think it was a penalty, but I could see why it was given and that in the great scheme of penalty travesties, it is not worse than many. And I didn't spend ages, I just played the bleeding clip and posted it FFS.

We will agree to disagree. Given the tone of your reply though it seems my apology was wasted.

Unfortunately you quoted my reply before I had properly edited it, which I duly did after your apology, which was gracious of you. My edited version is much more civil.

No worries mate. Damocles is right, we are arguing whilst agreeing for the most part lol.

3 games to turn it around and prove to all we are a champion side, end of.

KippaxCitizen said:
blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
Mark Ogden, Ian Ladyman, etc would be proud of that post. Well in lad!

So much disrespect for our players, manager, senior managers and owner at times it beggars belief.
Ah, yes, that damned ref and bloody UEFA made us give the ball away endlessly in the second half and not create a single bleeding chance for the whole second 45mins.

I'm done on this subject mate. Everyone is going round in circles, arguing whilst at the same time basically agreeing.

bluemanc1994 said:
Beating CSKA is a must, which we *should* do at home as long as we don't get complacent, hoping Bayern beat Roma again. That puts us 1 point clear of Roma with 6 to play for. Last night's result now means we have to go to Rome and win and, as I said after the Roma game, it's Napoli all over again. If we turn up to that last game and put in our best performance, we are more than capable of beating Roma comfortably, yet I don't see it. We like to make things unbelievably difficult for ourselves.

Still fancy us to go through. Just.
I still fancy us to go through as well, but its not quite "Napoli all over again", firstly CSKA are far better than Villareal who were beaten 6 times, they are quite capable of beating Roma (judging from both teams performance last night), and we know we can beat Bayern (though maybe not if they are in last nights form).

Bayern v Roma, and City v CSKA, should be both home wins, so that gives us the advantage. If Roma get another hammering in Munich (quite likely), then I can see them losing in Moscow, and certainly dropping points, which would mean us needing a draw in Rome, as our head to head results would be the same, and we would surely have a better goal difference.

Last night was very frustrating, and our second half performance really pissed me off, especially following on from a first half, which was amongst the best we have put in the CL, it simply wasn't good enough, what the cause of it was I don't know, but its something we can't afford at this (or any other) level, and we need to cut it out.

Blaming referees, the cold, a few fans shouting "CSKA", however is just short sighted, the players were to blame, they let their playing level drop, and had we not let them back into the game the late penalty wouldn't have mattered, and it was our own poor performance that allowed them a way back, and that's it in a nutshell. Its gone now, nothing we can do about, but make sure we maximise the points available from now on, and from what I've seen of this squad, I think we will.

Last nights dire 2nd half doesn't alter the fact that we are a team full of the some of the best quality available, and our quality will show through, but its annoying, and bloody frustrating, that we still seem to want to make the task harder than it needs to be. Its little wonder that people express that frustration on here.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
And that's just the first half!! Don't bring yer own ref this time! We'll have someone from Western Europe!
Too much politics... But if you don`t know Hungary is NATO member since 1999, EU member since 2004.

The refereeing was appalling as usual, having said that, we should have closed out the game in the first half. We are entirely at fault. No one else.
Forget this shit, biased, corrupt ridden competition.
Focus on the Premier League again !!

cleavers said:
bluemanc1994 said:
Beating CSKA is a must, which we *should* do at home as long as we don't get complacent, hoping Bayern beat Roma again. That puts us 1 point clear of Roma with 6 to play for. Last night's result now means we have to go to Rome and win and, as I said after the Roma game, it's Napoli all over again. If we turn up to that last game and put in our best performance, we are more than capable of beating Roma comfortably, yet I don't see it. We like to make things unbelievably difficult for ourselves.

Still fancy us to go through. Just.
I still fancy us to go through as well, but its not quite "Napoli all over again", firstly CSKA are far better than Villareal who were beaten 6 times, they are quite capable of beating Roma (judging from both teams performance last night), and we know we can beat Bayern (though maybe not if they are in last nights form).

Bayern v Roma, and City v CSKA, should be both home wins, so that gives us the advantage. If Roma get another hammering in Munich (quite likely), then I can see them losing in Moscow, and certainly dropping points, which would mean us needing a draw in Rome, as our head to head results would be the same, and we would surely have a better goal difference.

Last night was very frustrating, and our second half performance really pissed me off, especially following on from a first half, which was amongst the best we have put in the CL, it simply wasn't good enough, what the cause of it was I don't know, but its something we can't afford at this (or any other) level, and we need to cut it out.

Blaming referees, the cold, a few fans shouting "CSKA", however is just short sighted, the players were to blame, they let their playing level drop, and had we not let them back into the game the late penalty wouldn't have mattered, and it was our own poor performance that allowed them a way back, and that's it in a nutshell. Its gone now, nothing we can do about, but make sure we maximise the points available from now on, and from what I've seen of this squad, I think we will.

Last nights dire 2nd half doesn't alter the fact that we are a team full of the some of the best quality available, and our quality will show through, but its annoying, and bloody frustrating, that we still seem to want to make the task harder than it needs to be. Its little wonder that people express that frustration on here.
I can't see CSKA beating Roma based on what we saw last season or this. I think they are a Villareal. I don't see them picking up any more points. The annoyance with yesterday's result was precisely because we threw away an easy win. Had they been a better team then an away draw would have gone down a bit better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.