Cup draw procedure, sorry it's not right

Blue Mooner said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I think if any of what you said had happened then it would of come out now.

There is 1/8 of a chance the game could happen. It happend.

I'm no mathematician but it is a 1/16 chance that we could have got Chelsea away.

as there were 7 other teams (or pairs of teams to replay) there was a 1 in 7 chance of drawing chelsea and a 1 in 14 chance of drawing chelsea away. exactly the same odds as drawing reading/west brom or portsmouth at home.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yeh, because I'm sure Tim Lovejoy was desperate to get us, and not some lower league side.

Err I doubt very much it would be Lovejoy that would dictate who drew what if it is fixed.

rassclot said:
Blue Mooner said:
I'm no mathematician but it is a 1/16 chance that we could have got Chelsea away.

as there were 7 other teams (or pairs of teams to replay) there was a 1 in 7 chance of drawing chelsea and a 1 in 14 chance of drawing chelsea away. exactly the same odds as drawing reading/west brom or portsmouth at home.

Whichever way you look at it 1 in 14 chance of drawing Chelsea makes us very unlucky.

Bluemoon115 said:
Yeh, because I'm sure Tim Lovejoy was desperate to get us, and not some lower league side.
Agreed, what makes people think the FA would get guest to fix a draw, surely it would come out the first time his team got a bad draw. the FA are corrupt but I dont think even thay are that corrupt.
Am afraid its just "City luck"

warpig said:
they should race snails with numbers on their shells over 5m. first snail over the line is home team, second is opposition, and so on and so on. we could nobble the snail for chelsea, man utd etc with strong german lager and give the city snail/AN other lower league snail metamphetamines. wed be quids in to reach the final every year. surely the sheik can sort this? in fact i think this is what cook was telling capello yesterday pre-match.

the only drawback i can see is possible reprisals from animal rights groups and snail lovers.

mate, as much as i think you may be an absolute nutter, i like your thinking. bollocks to the do-gooders. i'm sick of them spoiling our fun. next thing you know i'll have to stop my annual budgie wrestling championships, you mark my words.

In the football world, it's hard to keep anything a secret for long, fixing the FA Cup draw would have come out by now. If it's as regular as you claim it to be, surely hundreds of people would be in on it after so many years, and there's no way you could keep it a secret.

Plus, wouldn't someone get suspicious if the balls came in at the last minute with someone wearing oven gloves?!

PistonBlue said:
I don't suspect foul play but I do question why Tim Lovejoy was doing it, wtf has he got to do with anything?
Ok, ex players, but a fucking tv/radio presenter? No, I don't see it.

It used to better when they did it on the radio at midday the following monday, it was like the whole country would gather round radios to hear it.
It is fixed 100% a camera man said the 2 balls are warmed to get a cracking match for the TV , this was a fix.

The Carling cup draw was the biggest fix. Needs looking into, they dint even say what numbers any team was they just said the number then the fella just said that's Manchester city looking at his sheet. The draw was already on the sheet in front of him.

Need to do it where they open it up like a kinder egg and read the name of the team on the paper.

Bent as fuck it is.

Shooter 83 said:
The Carling cup draw was the biggest fix. Needs looking into, they dint even say what numbers any team was they just said the number then the fella just said that's Manchester city looking at his sheet. The draw was already on the sheet in front of him.

Need to do it where they open it up like a kinder egg and read the name of the team on the paper.

Bent as fuck it is.

snails are the way forward, you mark my words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.