Cup Final week happy and good feeling thread only :)

andyhinch said:
mammutly said:
davymcfc said:
I'm so fucking excited. I am getting the boat over on Friday from the Isle of Man to Liverpool. Spending time with my dad and brother and then on to my mums in Sale. Driving down with my mate on Saturday morning and I have prepared a football quiz for the journey. Few beers in London before the match and staying in watford afterwards. Come on city!

Can you PM me the football quiz? I have forum animals in my car and need something to keep them quiet.
That's no way to talk about Toby:)

Thanks guys I have my jelly babies for the journey and if you want any then bring your f. ing own ;o)

CITY FOR LIFE said:
mcfclovin88 said:
I will spend the whole week finishing off the last remnants of University work.

My first cup final, me and my dad will be travelling down on a Bullocks coach.
Stand with your Dad at the Top of Wembley Way and look back down at the 1000's of Blues walking up, mum and dad decked out in blue, kids playing football on the 5 aside courts at the side of Wembley Way, watch the coaches arriving full of blues and the sound of 'we're not really here'coming from ever angle, you will both love it.

I like this .

Apprehensive at the moment as I find out tomorrow if I have tickets for our kid and I.

If so, travelling up to London early afternoon, meet up with our kid at Euston or Victoria he is travelling down from manchester.
few pints around Leicester square then over to the game, London is going to be turned Blue on the 11th.

shauny29 said:
I've got my university finals at the moment, they finish on Thursday, only thing getting me through all the revision is Wembley on Saturday, so excited!
Think yourself lucky.
My lad has an exam at 4pm next Saturday!

"Weee're on the march with Bobby's aaarmy
We're all goin to Wemberlyyy
And we'll really shake 'em up when we win the FA Cup
Cos City are the greatest football teeeaam"

I've actually never yet walked down Olympic Way in any of my trips to Wembley. With so many Blues predicted to be there this time I reckon I'll go a different way this time and make the effort to do the walk.

With the warm bank holiday weather I can feel the atmosphere starting to build. The sunshine is the epitome of the Cup Final, lets hope we get a lovely day. Can't stop singing Wemberleeeee, Wemberleeee, my first cup final since 1981 thanks to my fantastic mate Andy McConnell who sorted me out with my ticket!! Have a great black and white photo of us as 7 year olds on Cup Final day 1969 wearing the smart black and red playing football in his back garden. Nothing like a cup final for nostalgia is there!

Caveman said:
"Weee're on the march with Bobby's aaarmy
We're all goin to Wemberlyyy
And we'll really shake 'em up when we win the FA Cup
Cos City are the greatest football teeeaam"

I've actually never yet walked down Olympic Way in any of my trips to Wembley. With so many Blues predicted to be there this time I reckon I'll go a different way this time and make the effort to do the walk.

Make sure you do. Take in the view from the bridge as opposed to walking underneath the tunnel from the tube station. Then walk down Wembley Way and make sure you engage in some of the banter. At the top take the right path towards our end but then double back to the left to take in the opposite view from in front of the Bobby Moore Statue. When inside enjoy every minute and sing Abide with Me with vigour. The match will pass in a blur but stay to cheer the cup presentation and clap both teams no matter who wins. In between sing your heart out and enjoy being with fellow blues. If all goes well walking under the tunnel in front of the tube steps is when the City chants will be loudest! Don't forget to look backwards and promise yourself that you will be back with City and then say thank you for probably not having to wait as long as I did as a 14 year old at the 69 final. Enjoy. PS as a 58 year old this will still be my routine, I'm excited and looking forward a great occasion.

Coming over from france friday . coach saturday have a few scoops and in to wembley for the biggest following ever for a final blues every where

Never been to an FA cup final
Never been to the new wembley
At work all week
Setting up pitches, goals etc for local 7a side, u11s tournament on Friday night.
Driving down from Leicester (where I am exiled) with my 12 year old son, a mate and his girlfriend
leaving around 11, arriving around 1 giving plenty of time to take in the atmos and look round Wembley
The biggest thrill is taking my boy, but I'm more of a kid than he is (I'm counting sleeps :))
Would love to go to the "green man" but not sure it's the best place for mum and lad combo
We'll have butties & flasks, singing practice on the way, scarves flying out of the car windows.....
Will be following all the advice on here.....I am SSOOOO excited....ooooo, if I go to sleep tonight please can it be Saturday morning when I wake up???? Anyone???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.