Cup Final week happy and good feeling thread only :)

Just seen the sixty seconds of the Swansea game so I'm thinking that if they don't go gung-ho v The Baggies tomorrow we should be looking at a number of chances that are going to hit the back of the net. I'm thinking a repetition of City v Birmingham 56!! 'Bout time a Wembers final was a rout!

My fourt Cup Final, was there as a lad for 1956, went to the replay in '81, then 2011 when I cried at the final whistle. It's Wembley number six counting a League cup and Gillingham play-off. Landing Heathrow at 6 on Friday morning, straight to hotel, big breakfast, kip, ticket to the Pompeii exhibition at British Museum in the afternoon, family arriving from the North Friday evening. Saturday the match and the Cup (3-2 thriller), celebration fish & chips dinner, fly home Sunday afternoon reading all the papers.
My missus wants to watch the match on tv, anyone know which station in the U.S. is doing it?

Well due to the powers that be swapping my watches around on the ship,i am working this week instead of it being my week off...the good news is they have given me Saturday and Sunday off so i will be there!!

Even better is i will be travelling from Kent therefore not as far to travel,so off the ship about 7:30am,probably pop into McDonalds for a sausage muffin and coffee then the fast train to St Pancreas,so i should be in London around 10am.A bit of time to kill then so may browse about,get a bite to eat before getting to Wembley.I am booked in the Wembley Hilton,so drop my gear off there,get changed and a few beers i reckon.

I was there in 1974 and 1976 the league cup finals,also both Spurs games in 1981 but missed the Stoke final.I just love the whole Wembley thing but it is a bastard if you lose,so come on City,give us that barnstorming display you have been holding back all season!!

Picking up my wife and daughter from her school at lunctime on Friday and off down the M6 / M1 to London!
I have my City shirt already hanging on the outside of the wardrobe door ready to be packed. Its the first time my wife and daughter have been to the new Wembley so going to make a bloody good weekend of it! It will by no means be a walkover - Wigan are capable of an upset - particularly with their current mindset of requiring to win - shit or bust. However if we score first it could get messy.

working till Thursday, Friday shopping [do Saturdays ] take dogs for a walk at 6-30 on Saturday morning, have something to eat, read papers and then down to Wembley to watch the blues.

oh and sing city songs all week to the rags at work

Would be great if us fans stick to wearing only blue for the final. Creates a much better sea of blue everywhere!

Finally got my tickets for me and my son today, his first Cup Final and my first at new Wembley as couldn't make the last one due to family commitment, can't wait and the build up for he week will fly I'm sure

Win tomorrow night and it will help with our preparation for the Cup final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.