Cup Schemes

Looking for some straightforward info on how the cup schemes work and would be really grateful if some kind soul could help out. Though a ST holder, I’ve never joined any of the schemes before as I live 200 miles away from Mcr nowadays (SW Wales) and doing the journey - which isn’t a straightforward one - twice (potentially thrice) within 7/8 days is a bit of a put-off. My guess is that the schemes work as follows: on joining you authorise the club to deduct the relevant cost of any games, as and when they occur, from your account; tickets are issued automatically without the opportunity to opt-out if you can’t attend a particular game; there’s no option to sell your ticket on Ticket Exchange. Is this a correct synopsis? Unfortunately, the City website is far from clear on the mechanics of the schemes (surprise, surprise!).
In a nutshell yes.

You can tranfer them to others though through "friends and family".

In a nutshell yes.

You can tranfer them to others though through "friends and family".

I've had issues when trying to transfer to friends and family for the Champions League though, I think there is a different rule for that scheme whereby you can't send the ticket on.

If you enroll in the schemes do you have to buy all thr tickets or can you choose which individual tickets you want ? Seem to remember rags having a similar scheme and them moaning that you had to buy all the tickets ?

If you enroll in the schemes do you have to buy all thr tickets or can you choose which individual tickets you want ? Seem to remember rags having a similar scheme and them moaning that you had to buy all the tickets ?
You have to buy them all unless you cancel the scheme mid season.

IIRC, unlike at City the rag S/T holders didn't opt-in to the scheme, it was compulsory to buy the CL (when they qualified) and FA Cup home tickets.

For many years, all home cup tickets were compulsory for all United season ticket holders.

After one of the supporters groups kicked off a few years ago, they compromised and allowed them to opt out of League Cup and Europa. But not FA Cup and Champions League.

Significant that it requires opting out and the default position of all season ticket holders is still that they’re committed to all home cup tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.