Current Squad - cut or keep?

Football fans are so fickle. Just over a month ago, we were saying this is one best premier league teams ever. Fast forward a month, now half the team is getting cut.

So true , could you imagine if some of our current supporter base could get excited about signing a player of Mark Lillis's ability or similar players , i seriously was excited when Lillis made his debut , £130k signing from Huddersfield , i was ecstatic , maybe there are too many lightweights supporting our club now. Looking at the Gundogan player thread he appears to be the worst ever player to pull on a blue shirt , proven German international midfield player and an essential part of a Bundesliga winning team and Champions league finalist , how our expectations have changed. Even i only consider him a squad player but the grief he gets on this forum makes Sterling buying a house for his mam look like a mere inidiscretion.

Walker played an integral part in what was our greatest ever season. A couple of bad performances later and some people want him sold?! Ffs...
I’d say the same about Delph too. He played out of position last season and did a top job. He’s had a few poor games but is still playing out of position. He’s not going to get a regular start in midfield but I’d give him a chance in Fern’s absence. He wont be as good but it’s his preferred position, or much closer to it.

He gives his all every game and that’s what we need right now. Someone who will break up play, press and keep things ticking.

Cut versus keep will work itself out - as our squad is full of highly talented individuals all desiring playing time - those not getting enough time will, ideally look to move on their own. The key though is to have pressure on everyone to perform due to highly talented competition.
===
That said:
Zinchenko - not quite talented enough. Sell.
Mendy - extremely poor on defense. Hugely talented going forward. I'm not sure how he fits our squad. Perhaps he can improve defensively or play as an outright winger.
Jesus - does not seem to be good enough to replace Aguero. A talented player for sure - but needs to improve if he's going to be our go-to striker once Aguero retires.
Gundogan - our midfield is packed. And although Gundogan is very talented - he's someone who should play in the hole - and he's not a pivot. He's best as a deeper lying midfielder paired with a true defensive stopper - but that's not how we line up. Probably sell Gundogan, both for his sake and ours.

If this isn't our line-up vs Arsenal on the 3rd of Feb then the window will have been a complete and utter failure.

--------------------------Oblak---------------------
Kimmich---De Ligt-----Laporte---Alba
---------------------Fernandinho---------------
------------De Bruyne------D.Silva----------
Sterling--------------Messi------------Sane

Ederson
Stones
Mendy
F. De Jong
B.Silva
Aguero
Mahrez

You can't be serious with that team? De Bruyne, with the exception of a cross that luckily flew into the Palace net, has done nothing in the past two league games. He is also an injury prone crock that we simply can't rely on. Time to get rid and buy Sancho back before the rags get him.

Am I doing this right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.