Current Squad - cut or keep?

I was just looking at the Diaz transfer which is unofficial and subject to press speculation

I thought I'd check City's transfers this Summer on transfermarkt.co.uk (have to include Premier League U-18 and U-23s for some stupid unfathomable reason) and surprised to find that if the DIaz transfer goes through City will have broken even on transfers this season - one of the very few English clubs to do so. I bet the press wont report that - doesn't fit their agenda.

Here are the outgoings = approx £60m = Mahrez

Kongolo £1m
Maffeo £8m
Angelino £5m
Gunn £10m
Denayer £6m
Hart £3m
Celina £3m
Kayode £3m
Sancho £7m
Diaz £13m?

Loan fees? I reckon easily over £10m

You're paranoid.
If you don't agree that's fine. Just explain your point.
I reiterate my opinion: Don't think Walker is really good enough for our defence and recent results/ performances support my view.
D.Silva-perhaps the greatest City player in our history but he will need to be replaced soonish because he's coming to the end of his playing career. He will be 33 years of age in January and that is a fact.

Silva is still a magnificent player and no way is he too old...you don't rate walker well pep does.
You never have anything positive to say about city and I stand by my comments that you are not a blue.

David Silva, Aguero, Kompany. All three will be gone soon anyway. To replace those three will take serious coinage and unless the FFP rules are kinder to us I can't see us doing it.

David Silva, Aguero, Kompany. All three will be gone soon anyway. To replace those three will take serious coinage and unless the FFP rules are kinder to us I can't see us doing it.
David silva is 32. Same age as Milner and he's a technical player - not a heavyweight like Yaya or a runner like Milner. He will go on for 2 years at least. In case you hadn't noticed Kompany does not play regularly even when fit.

Still maintain there was enough quality players on the pitch to deal with anything Leicester and especially Palace could throw at us. The squad is supposed to be the best in the league. Shite defending and poor forward play cost us big time.

It's football it happens.

In an ideal world I’d have full backs on both sides who are good on the ball, good at defending and had good concentration.

Who those two would be I don’t know but we haven’t got them now.

And a time machine to bring a 25 year old Fernandinho in.

We need a defensive midfielder and a left back, that’s it.

Bravo - Could potentially be let leave if we trust Muric.

Kompany - I absolutely love him as everybody does, I desperately don’t want him to go but even if he’s fit he’s no longer a guaranteed starter. The perfect scenario would be player/coach, knowing we have Garcia as his replacement (fingers crossed).

Mangala - Good lad, seems to workhis bollocks off and seems a good professional but we don’t need him and he sure as hell doesn’t need us.

Delph - With Fernandinho injured I thought it was the perfect opportunity for him to fill in with Zinchenko at LB. He’s clearly not trusted in midfield so we may as well let him go as he’s had 12-18 months at leftback and is still making the same mistakes over and over again. Love his work rate and commitment but he deserves to be playing in his favoured position.

Gundogan - I have always been a Gundogan fan but it’s so abundantly clear his confidence in his knees is blown apart, he’s pulling out of 70/30’s in his favour and I completely understand why but that’s not good enough for us. I truly feel sorry for him because he could have been an absolute world beater for us before his injuries.

Zinchenko - I really like the lad, clearly a very good player but needs time in his best position much like Delph, if he did leave permanently I’d want a buy back clause.

Diaz - Gutted if and when he goes, he may or may not make it but he’s got as good a chance as anyone. So much potential it’s scary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.