Curry Mile

plongo said:
Hi FI is it any good mate?

There is a restaurant and takeaway,owned by same,i've only had the takeaway once and it was very good,i'd certainly recommend it over the 'mile'.

Asian Fusion or Coriander in Chorlton also very good if you're passing.

FantasyIreland said:
plongo said:
Mughli looking fav at the moment

Any more for any more?

What's good in Didsbury as were going to Piccys there or,
should we pig out on pic n mix and popcorn?

Right opposite - Khandoker(sp)

THIS THIS THIS
Dont go the mile if you can help it
Shisha bar shithole now

murtaz said:
FantasyIreland said:
plongo said:
Mughli looking fav at the moment

Any more for any more?

What's good in Didsbury as were going to Piccys there or,
should we pig out on pic n mix and popcorn?

Right opposite - Khandoker(sp)

THIS THIS THIS
Dont go the mile if you can help it
Shisha bar shithole now

Here you go.... menu/prices etc. Its literally opposite the cinema and good

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.khandokerrestaurant.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.khandokerrestaurant.co.uk/in ... &Itemid=30</a>

Richard said:
Went to Nandos at the weekend and it was digusting - gone proper downhill IMO.
Will never understand the Nando's hype,someone must be a genius to turn such average food into an empire.Go to the La Quilla take away part,best Nan Bread in Manchester.

Should be renamed the Shisha cafe mile nowadays, forcing the crappier, less popular curry houses out.
As mentioned, Kandoker on the Kingsway is very good for a suburban Indian.
If you fancy Chinese instead, East on Didsbury Road in Heaton Mersey (the road off the Kingsway directly next to the complex, heading towards Stockport) is very good. Try the Singapore Noodles, spectacular

plongo said:
Thenumber1blue

La Quilla where's that mate?
I think it's opposite the main Chippy ,sorry cant remember its name,you'll see the La Quilla Restaurant on the front on one of the corners,it's not much kop but down the side of it is their takeaway and it's very very good.The meats are always fresh and tender and their Nan's are different class.Sorry my directions aren't great ,also think there is a tyre place about 200 yards away.Warning though it's not the classiest inside the takeaway.

plongo said:
Thenumber1blue

La Quilla where's that mate?

Lal Qila
`
If you're coming up Wimmy Road from Didsbury/Fallowfield it's on the corner of the next road on the right after you pass Claremont Road and the ATS garage. Got a big red sign. It's on the conrner of the raod that goes down to Xaverian College.

Used to go there a lot but I agree with the general concensus that the Curry Mile isn't what it used to be. Think there's only about a dozen restaurants on there now and all the rest are takeaways or shisha bars.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.