Cycling to the Etihad

uweuweuwe said:
Was looking at cycling myself to the games noticed they have bike stands at various parts of the ground so wherever you sit you wouldn't be far from one. Also at the velodrome near the reception and cafe they have a large covered bike shed. Plus they have an evans cycle shop if you need any parts

The velodrome is not a bad idea might look into that would be easier to get away after the game as long as you can just lock it up there !

I used to lock mine to the metal gate/barrier outside the glass corporate bit in the middle of the East Stand. Haven't done it for a few years but I bet you could still do that

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
uweuweuwe said:
Was looking at cycling myself to the games noticed they have bike stands at various parts of the ground so wherever you sit you wouldn't be far from one. Also at the velodrome near the reception and cafe they have a large covered bike shed. Plus they have an evans cycle shop if you need any parts

The velodrome is not a bad idea might look into that would be easier to get away after the game as long as you can just lock it up there !

I would be a little wary of using the Velodrome for leaving your bike for the match, the place has been a magnet for scrotes on the rob since it opened my cycling group ride out of there and I would only ever leave my bike in the lobby/reception and never outside on the bike racks.

discopop said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
uweuweuwe said:

I would be a little wary of using the Velodrome for leaving your bike for the match, the place has been a magnet for scrotes on the rob since it opened my cycling group ride out of there and I would only ever leave my bike in the lobby/reception and never outside on the bike racks.

Cheers for the heads up on that one

yuo cant put your bike locked to one of them bars at east stand reception. A guy tried to do that and one of the commisionaires told him he couldnt leave it there.

I'd cycle to the games, but the cycling facilities in and around Manchester are so bad it's not worth it.

Lock it up in the car park at the back of Mary Ds, sure I seen one in there not long ago

It'd be more of an effort to cycle than it would to walk for me because I live fairly local to the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.