Cycling to the Etihad

The planning permission for the south & North stands has included Two hundred additional cycle stands around the external concourse of the stadium;

Bewar3them00n said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
I've noticed bike racks at city square... Near the star bar/club shop. Never done the cycle though as I don't own a road bike (don't fancy doing the 14mil es on a MTB)
Get some semi-slicks on it, or even some slicks, it will ride like a dream!

Yer must be able to do most of the distance on a tow path?

Kinkladze 1 said:
Tueartsoverhead kick said:
blue underpants said:
Lock it up in the car park at the back of Mary Ds, sure I seen one in there not long ago

Did it still have wheels on it ?

Wow! Talk about where not to leave your bike. You must be having a laugh. If there's no room there though you could always leave it in the alleyway down the side of The Townley!

I wouldn't have a frame left nevermind the wheels :(

jonmcity said:
The planning permission for the south & North stands has included Two hundred additional cycle stands around the external concourse of the stadium;

May be a few changes when they move the cranes round from the South Stand?

Just biked it from Stretford to the Etihad and back down the canals towpath and i'm knackered, had a good look around the stadium and the training ground and there doesn't seem to be a lot of places to chain a bike up which for a modern ground seems a bit odd
Still say Mary Ds car park ;)

blue underpants said:
Just biked it from Stretford to the Etihad and back down the canals towpath and i'm knackered, had a good look around the stadium and the training ground and there doesn't seem to be a lot of places to chain a bike up which for a modern ground seems a bit odd

Are you the man who takes the money for minding the bike ? :)

blue underpants said:

Towpaths are rubbish. Cycle on the roads.

From the main entrance up to the North Stand there are quite a few bike racks and they are always quite full. Whether such places exist all round the stadium I don't know, as I've only ever been in the Colin Bell or Family stands.

I drive to most matches as I have a passenger, but I have cycled to the stadium quite a few times over the years. I only ride expensive bikes and I've had no problem at all locking my bike up outside the ground.

urmston said:
blue underpants said:

From the main entrance up to the North Stand there are quite a few bike racks and they are always quite full. Whether such places exist all round the stadium I don't know, as I've only ever been in the Colin Bell or Family stands.

I drive to most matches as I have a passenger, but I have cycled to the stadium quite a few times over the years. I only ride expensive bikes and I've had no problem at all locking my bike up outside the ground.
Roads are dangerous for us cyclists mate I avoid them like the plague, i'v only got a crappy mountain bike and not a road bike as well, it's easier to get to the Etihad by towpath as well, from Flixton to Chester Rd pick up the Bridgewater there to Town, then onto the Ashton canal back of Picc station and bingo 10 mins you are at the Etihad, might do it again soon!

blue underpants said:
urmston said:
blue underpants said:

Roads are dangerous for us cyclists mate I avoid them like the plague, i'v only got a crappy mountain bike and not a road bike as well, it's easier to get to the Etihad by towpath as well, from Flixton to Chester Rd pick up the Bridgewater there to Town, then onto the Ashton canal back of Picc station and bingo 10 mins you are at the Etihad, might do it again soon!

Also, you're lungs are spared just that little bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.