Cycling to the Etihad

I've cycled to the ground on several occasions. Takes me 35 minutes from Prestwich and is easily the quickest method of travel. I always park next to the bar in City Square. There are about six Bike Racks there at the end of the bar. What's good about there is there are usually one or two Stewards in the vicinity to keep an eye on things. Good luck with it mate.

JOGAMIGMOG said:
I've cycled to the ground on several occasions. Takes me 35 minutes from Prestwich and is easily the quickest method of travel. I always park next to the bar in City Square. There are about six Bike Racks there at the end of the bar. What's good about there is there are usually one or two Stewards in the vicinity to keep an eye on things. Good luck with it mate.

Thanks for that are they usually all taken ?

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
blue underpants said:
Lock it up in the car park at the back of Mary Ds, sure I seen one in there not long ago

Did it still have wheels on it ?
Lol, yes they have a bloke watching over the car park

uweuweuwe said:
Was looking at cycling myself to the games noticed they have bike stands at various parts of the ground so wherever you sit you wouldn't be far from one. Also at the velodrome near the reception and cafe they have a large covered bike shed. Plus they have an evans cycle shop if you need any parts

Especially useful when were playing Miserypool :)

Compulsive Rambler said:
I've noticed bike racks at city square... Near the star bar/club shop. Never done the cycle though as I don't own a road bike (don't fancy doing the 14mil es on a MTB)
Get some semi-slicks on it, or even some slicks, it will ride like a dream!

Bewar3them00n said:
Compulsive Rambler said:
I've noticed bike racks at city square... Near the star bar/club shop. Never done the cycle though as I don't own a road bike (don't fancy doing the 14mil es on a MTB)
Get some semi-slicks on it, or even some slicks, it will ride like a dream!

Cheers for that. yea, I didn't think of switching the tyre for road use.
Gives me an excuse to cycle there now, and avoid having a beer.

Still a long distance though. might steal a friends Brompton and do half of the distance on the Metrolink.

Tueartsoverhead kick said:
blue underpants said:
Lock it up in the car park at the back of Mary Ds, sure I seen one in there not long ago

Did it still have wheels on it ?

Wow! Talk about where not to leave your bike. You must be having a laugh. If there's no room there though you could always leave it in the alleyway down the side of The Townley!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.