Cyclists

Whats a Women's folding bike? Are they pink?
Fjc54zM.jpg

Then we shall seize them crush them and ship them to the maggot farm.
And the horses shall go into microwave TV dinners.
You use our road network then you pass a competancy test.
Amen brother:
I wish someone would crush them, they are maniacs, i go off road a lot on a mountain bike and they charge around narrow country and woodland paths on a near ton of burgers on hoofs running down anything man, woman, child, cyclists, dogs, and squirrels, when anyone says anything to them they reply with a haughty arrogance much beloved of horsey people and their ilk, twunts

It's the arrogance of the lad that has pissed me off as well, he claimed she had her head down trawling her iphone and was oblivious to everything, even if this was true it's still no excuse to be bombing along at nearly 20mph on a dangerous illegal bike in a built up area, and i'm a cyclist

Any remorse came from his people and not from him. Anyone belting along the road with no front brakes - car, van, bike, motorbike or lorry needs to be in clink until Lazarus raises his victim.

Any remorse came from his people and not from him. Anyone belting along the road with no front brakes - car, van, bike, motorbike or lorry needs to be in clink until Lazarus raises his victim.
Mr Ewing you know more about bikes than me i'm just part time, what was this bike he was riding with no front brakes, is it a make for using only in Velodromes?

Mr Ewing you know more about bikes than me i'm just part time, what was this bike he was riding with no front brakes, is it a make for using only in Velodromes?

It was a track bike which have no brakes, but with it being a fixed gear i would have thought breaking using the pedals would be more efficent than any front brake. There's also the fact that even if he had slammed on his brakes - from how close it was someone was still going to end up really badly injured.

Also, not much out cry on this..

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...n-accomplished-cheltenham-cyclist-dies-436755

It was a track bike which have no brakes, but with it being a fixed gear i would have thought breaking using the pedals would be more efficent than any front brake. There's also the fact that even if he had slammed on his brakes - from how close it was someone was still going to end up really badly injured.

http://www.gloucestershirelive.co.u...n-accomplished-cheltenham-cyclist-dies-436755

This is both sad and highlights the problem with cyclists mentalities on the road

If you are braking on both wheels its more efficient than one and with weight going froward with momentum when slowing the front brake is the more important one.
From what I heard on the radio the evidence pointed strongly to the fact that in the situation there was time to brake and slow down which had he been on a properly equipped bike may well have avoided the fatality.
I'm strongly pro cycling but this guy was a twat.

If you are braking on both wheels its more efficient than one and with weight going froward with momentum when slowing the front brake is the more important one.
From what I heard on the radio the evidence pointed strongly to the fact that in the situation there was time to brake and slow down which had he been on a properly equipped bike may well have avoided the fatality.
I'm strongly pro cycling but this guy was a twat.
He never denied breaking the law but claimed she stepped out so late that he wouldn't have been able to stop in any case. I don't know if that was challenged by the prosecution though.
The clown is clearly guilty and has been punished but perhaps it's time we started hammering pedestrians who walk out in front of vehicles without looking because they are too busy on their phones. - As far as I'm aware his statement that she never looked hasn't been challenged.
Meanwhile there is a plan to introduce a more serious offence along the lines of "causing death by dangerous cycling" which might calm some of the buggers down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.