Daft Donald

A royal pain in the arse. Id buy him a pint.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 pm --<br /><br />A royal pain in the arse. Id buy him a pint.

A lot of the 'characters' like Donald were actually people with severe drink and/or mental health issues. If people have seen The General in recent years they would understand this. Going back a few years there was a blond girl called Debbie who would go toe to toe with any opposition but I heard she comitted suicide in her forties.

Very sad people who need help really.

Ardwick Green Blue said:
A lot of the 'characters' like Donald were actually people with severe drink and/or mental health issues. If people have seen The General in recent years they would understand this. Going back a few years there was a blond girl called Debbie who would go toe to toe with any opposition but I heard she comitted suicide in her forties.

Debbie died around 30 years ago pal. Sadly it was suicide. Lovely girl and a bit crazy too. Would gladly stand toe to toe with any away fans / reds.

Does anyone have a photo/pic of DD.Way back in 1967-74 I followed the Blue everywhere,including Europe away and his name certainly strikes a cord.Another City lad I used to knock about with was Marc Bitner and coming back from Vienna (1970) myself and another City "hard lad" Charlie ??? from Moss Side I think,hitch-hiked back to Ostende,where we split up as he went to see an old girlfriend.
Ah the good old days and just loved the away games and the night home games for some reason.

Ardwick Green Blue said:

Debbie died around 30 years ago pal. Sadly it was suicide. Lovely girl and a bit crazy too. Would gladly stand toe to toe with any away fans / reds.

Dexter Morgan said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:

I didn't know her but I had seen her in action a few times as even though I was never looking for trouble in the 70s & 80s it was all around you more often than not.

oakiecokie said:
Does anyone have a photo/pic of DD.Way back in 1967-74 I followed the Blue everywhere,including Europe away and his name certainly strikes a cord.Another City lad I used to knock about with was Marc Bitner and coming back from Vienna (1970) myself and another City "hard lad" Charlie ??? from Moss Side I think,hitch-hiked back to Ostende,where we split up as he went to see an old girlfriend.
Ah the good old days and just loved the away games and the night home games for some reason.

in 1974 Donald would have been about 10. If that.

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
oakiecokie said:

in 1974 Donald would have been about 10. If that.

Ah right mate.Its just that I thought ages ago someone mentioned him on the Football Special Train going to Sheffield about 1968-70 as we used to travel on them also.So obviously he wasn`t a 6 year old beer drinking thug.;)

Ardwick Green Blue said:

We recognise it now but not then I agree with you

Ardwick Green Blue said:

I know or knew all three people you mention personally and to an extent you are right, Donald dosnt have a drink problem but he might have very slight mental health issues aggrevated by his ''celebrity'' ie he acted to the gallery.
The General as far as i know is a chronic alchoholic and tried to get over it by moving to Sheffield and cutting down on City and drinking, unfortunately it did not work and he is now a chronic case, last time i seen him was away at Boro and he didnt recognise me or any of my mates who have known him for 40 years, he was painful to look at.
Kippax Debbie was puzzling, a stunning looking angelic blond girl who attached herself onto our wild little mob in her teens, at first we thought she was an undercover police woman but was far too young.
To me it was obvious she was a boy trapped in a stunning girls body and resented it, all the stories about her fighting and ability to take on grown men are true, i saw her deck men often almost as though she had a point to prove.
As she got older she became more stunning and was attracting a lot of attention off a lot of blues including my best mate at the time, she went out for drinks and that regular with him but come Saturdays that was all forgotten and it was back to ''Kippax Debbie''
My take on her eventual suicide was that she could not handle turning into a woman, i think the thought terrified her and she tried to kill herself twice before eventually jumping off a motorway bridge and dying.
She was not in her 40s she was in her early to mid 20s we could never find out her true age.
I still miss her and think of her often

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.