Daft things Dad said about City when you was a kid

My Dad wrote to Billy McNeil questioning his team selection and tactics
He got a signed reply
I still have the letter
In our dark days under Alan fucking Ball I threw my season ticket at him during a piss poor performance (one of many) the club post posted my renewal slip back to me LOL CTID

Blood? Am I missing something here? All I know about this game was it was a record crowd and so some had to watch it side on.
Me too - my Dad was at that game. He was 12. He's never mentioned anything to me about blood, nor any other trouble at any match pre 1960s.
Who'd have thought that we'd have had to wait all those decades to break that 84k figure - I know it's unofficial, but, we all know there's been more than that figure on here swearing that they were at York away.

Last edited:
There is the old joke:

Someone asked my dad if he was going to watch City this weekend?

No he replied, they never came to see me when I was bad!

In the early 70s I used to take my 7/10 year old daughter to home games and we used to stand in the Kippax, me in the middle, L…at the front. When we played an away fixture I used to try to listen to the match commentary and she used to ask, “Dad, what is the score?” I used to say — “We are loosing”. She would say - “How do you know?” . I would reply-“because it is five minutes past three!”

Slightly different turn on this thread
So I am the Dad in this scenario

when Dzeko scores the equaliser in injury time I told my two sons (2nd tier front row what is now 93/20) to fucking sit down we will never win the league :) :)

Slightly different turn on this thread
So I am the Dad in this scenario

when Dzeko scores the equaliser in injury time I told my two sons (2nd tier front row what is now 93/20) to fucking sit down we will never win the league :) :)

I think there will have been a few daft things said that day!

When Edin Dzeko was getting ready to come on, I turned to my lad and said "we'll win this now". He looked at me as if I was mad.

Just a thought, I was thinking about some of the stupid things my old man said about City when I was young that I believed, interpreted or understood daftly.
Im sure Im not alone, and some of youse will have had similar experiences of your ancestors, exaggerating, truth twisting or down right bloody lying about the Blues! Thought itd be fun to share the stories, either of their porky pies or the bonkers way we dealt with them..

My old man used to tell me to take my boots in case City were short I might get a game. He told me that they used to pick players out of the crowd to play if someone got injured. I took my boots to every game until I was about 9 and then realized it was rubbish.

The also told me the groundsmen used to stick the forks in the pitch at half time to make divets that the opposition would trip over!

Also I remember he told me when Bert broke his neck, I actually thought Bert´s neck had completely snapped off. I had a vision until I was about 6 of him playing in net, with his head under his arm!

Any more.
Have you thought about a DNA test ?? You may find some Salford genes in your old man. Then again, you do sound gullible, as surely you would have spotted no nine year olds on the pitch ?? Anyway, lovely post and hope you and your sister have many children of your own ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.