Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

Re: Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

Balloons.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLyHSI3bYd0[/video]

Wearing my new City polo shirt to the Stoke game last week . Sorry

When BBC Sport used to use the piano intro from "That's Just The Way It Is" by Bruce Hornsby & The Range - guaranteed defeat.

Nowt to do with the fact we were fucking shit back then.

In the middle and late 90's I had great trouble getting the following combination correct
1) Where I crossed Yew Tree Rd (before or after Hart Rd but always before the old co-op corner)
2) Which Kippax turnstile I entered the ground (Started off opposite the school and worked my way down for each crossing combination outlined in 1 above)
3) Which Kippax tunnel or Rear Steps I used to enter the Mighty Kippax Stand.

To my utter dismay it took several seasons and managers to get this sorted and to this day I continue to take full responsibility for our darkest days.

Ridiculously my brother walked to the ground with me (and still does) and not only did he put up with this, but he actually joined in!! In comparison watching today's team is just ENJOYABLE most days!

In sharing the dark side I must also mention that the majority of late 60's and early 70's trophies were won on the back of the order I sucked my "Old English Spangle's" purchased from Shaw's newsagents on the corner of Yew Tree and Wilbraham Rds.

Grief - Sudden Realisation - It was the demise of Spangles that generated my "where to cross dilemma" in the first place. As a younger Blue I genuinely had no idea about how subtle the "Agenda" could be!

AJ71 said:
Any number of things with me over the years. Stoke was my fault BTW, I wore a new jacket and the wrong aftershave (which used to be the right aftershave).... I need help.
Try a Run of games without aftershave!

Being televised used to be a sign we would lose.

I never drink a brew from a city mug on match day.

My daughter made me a brew before a game one Saturday morning recently.

You'll never guess which mug she made it in, and who we were playing that day.

quiet_riot said:
Being televised used to be a sign we would lose.

In fairness, at the time not being televised was also a pretty reliable sign that we would lose.

My brother wont let me buy chips and gravy only time I did we lost(etihad only). Usually dont buy anything or curry man / chip Barm

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.