Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

Re: Daft things that you think have caused City to lose

quiet_riot said:
Being televised used to be a sign we would lose.

Ha ha. I knew this too. If I walked round the corner to maine road and saw a greater number of bbc vans than normal (indicating that we would be the featured game) I'd get a sinking feeling.

Although Stoke was my fault too. Bought junior blue #1 the new shirt and it's obviously not lucky like last year's was.

Got last season's black away shirt and wore it to watch southampton away on tv which was 1-1. At ganes i have stuck with the 09-10 black which saw us through the facsf and final in 2011 and both recent prem titles along with my light blue ski jacket, bar scarf circa 1973 and sky blue under crackers for the important games. When the going gets tough i tie my scarf liike a cravat which i found worked in the 2010-11 season and employed this method despite the heat after 35 min in the cup semi final prompting mancini to change tactics.

Against stoke no scarf or sky blue under crackers. My mate said it was not going to rain so i left my jacket in the car. So i insist it was all my fault and what's more it pissed it down on the way back to the car.

For a period of several years in the 90's we would lose almost every time I went - both home and away. True, we generally did not do well those years anyway. But we would do particularly badly if I went. At one point I calculated that we were getting around 30% of the points in matches I attended compared to the rate of points gained in other matches in those years.

And there were around 15 or so matches involved, so clearly the problem was me back in those days and not all the usual suspects people think of.

Call me Mystic Meg but I would say that making it pretty clear to the world that you are about to sack the team manager on the morning of the FA Cup Final can be a bad omen!

When anyone from bluemoon who lives far away manages to get the time off and save for the airfare to come and watch City, City will invariably lose.
Yes I'm talking to you Jonah Jim.

I have a Greek Orthodox cross and a Maltese Cross that I wear on a thin piece of leather around my neck, if I ever go to a match without putting them on we either get beat or play dog shite, last time was Wigan in the final, got to Stoke on the train and realised they were still on the bedroom dresser, I just knew it was going to happen

I didn't take my scarf to the Stoke game. I normally wear it to every game but I made a conscious decision not to, sorry lads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.