Daftest thing any rag has said to you?

Some corkers there. Had my fair share of numpties over the years coming out with bullshit statements about them but the clear winner for me, simply based on the amount of different pieces of crap spouted over the course of the evening, was some bloke in the Bay Horse pub in Longsight a couple of years ago. Ended up in there with a couple of blue mates on a Friday night - this Rag must've been in his 40's so really had no excuse whatsoever for the amount of drivel he came out with. I swear that this is what happened pretty much word for word:

Him: "We get 90,000 at Old Trafford on a match day"
Us: "You sure about that? Last time we looked your ground held just over 76,000"
Him: "We definitely get 90,000 watching us - on a good day that is"
Cue much laughter and piss-taking so he tactfully changed the subject
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Him: "United have never had 6 goals put past them"
Us: "What about when Southampton dicked you 6-3?"
Him: "Okay, apart from that match"
Me: "So how do you explain losing 6-0 to Ipswich in 1980?"
Cue more laughter and yet again he changed the subject
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you thought those 2 above were bad, what happened next tops the lot!

Him: "I've got a photograph of both Busby and Ferguson together, and the great thing about it is that it was taken after Ferguson had been knighted, so that's 2 Sirs together in the same photo"
Me: "Fuck me, that really is amazing.....I mean, especially when you consider that Busby died 5 years or so before Bacon Face got his knighthood"
Cue shit loads more laughter, and the now predictable changing of the subject!

Nicky D said:
kimbo said:
Spindash said:
Friday before this season's OT derby:

"Who are you playing this weekend?"
This is the winner. I've had this one many times over the years and i look at them and think are you taking the piss or what? then i realise they are deadly serious.

Does that really happen a lot?

Sadly, yes. There are so many clueless, deluded, idiotic rags out there that don't actually come to life until they realise that they won at the weekend, its unreal.

The fact that they are incapabale of knowing when their own derby match is really aggravates me.

All time classic for me was from one of my 'mates' who was a renoun Billy Bullshit merchant.

When they had the third tiers added to the Swamp in the nineties, he claimed - 'The swamp could now be seen from space!!!'

Absolute TIT of the highest order!!

ashtonblue said:
All time classic for me was from one of my 'mates' who was a renoun Billy Bullshit merchant.

When they had the third tiers added to the Swamp in the nineties, he claimed - 'The swamp could now be seen from space!!!'

Absolute TIT of the highest order!!

That'd be down to all the camera flashes. :0)

Was watching the swamp derby in a pub up here in Dumfries, and the game had finished and we lost and in walked a rag i know, but dont get on with. He walked right upto me with his white away top on pointed in my face, and let out a big HAHA!

I had just recieved my 10in pepporoni pizza from the adjoining restaurant and slapped the plate and its contents onto his shirt. Best £7 pizza i've ever bought.

The best thing about rag threads are people whinging about them. "Oooh, aren't they supposed to be obsessed with us?"

This thread is hilarious. Don't read it if you don't want to.

Spindash said:
The best thing about rag threads are people whinging about them. "Oooh, aren't they supposed to be obsessed with us?"

This thread is hilarious. Don't read it if you don't want to.

Just think it gives 'em a bit of firepower when on BLUEMOON (A CITY forum) a good 50% of threads this morning are about the rags.. can't we just discuss our own club.. :S

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.