Daily Express: Mancini to have contract extended

Marvin said:
CTID1988 said:
Hope this is true
Me too.

Money making a lot of City fans lose all sense of values and judgement. Success is based on continuity. In many ways City are similar to Chelsea. A rich owner buying the best. Let us learn from their mistakes and get a good manager in who can lay down the foundations for an era

Have you got evidence or facts to prove this statement. Other than the obvious one???

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Marvin said:
CTID1988 said:
Hope this is true
Me too.

Money making a lot of City fans lose all sense of values and judgement. Success is based on continuity. In many ways City are similar to Chelsea. A rich owner buying the best. Let us learn from their mistakes and get a good manager in who can lay down the foundations for an era

Have you got evidence or facts to prove this statement. Other than the obvious one???

Are you saying they would have won more if they had swapped and changed
What in your opinion would Chelsea had won if Jose had stayed.

shootmeifipost10k said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Marvin said:
Me too.

Are you saying they would have won more if they had swapped and changed
What in your opinion would Chelsea had won if Jose had stayed.

They would have won more but then they have won cups since he left chopping and changing. he also won the league in his first season just like Wenger and Ancelotti. So that's 3 different managers winning the league in there first season with a good team. I say that as when Mancini came we where no where near good enough. Now we are and he has been here long enough for it to be called stability and as it stands we are about to not win the league

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Marvin said:
CTID1988 said:
Hope this is true
Me too.

I think with the stability argument, a lot depends on the team and structure in question. If the team is strong, the resources are good, and there's a solid structure in place you can manage without a focus on stability. Teams like AC Milan, Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid, aren't hesitant to dismiss a coach, but its not affected their success in a negative manner. Chelsea have struggled because no manager after Mourinho has enjoyed the money he got to spend, the only real big name, big money signing since he left was Torres. The youth system there hasn't also brought through youngsters good enough for their first team. Continuity is needed if the team is going through a transitional stage, like United, Chelsea or Arsenal, and need someone with a long term vision to bring through the next generation of players, to put them on a platform to challenge. City wouldn't be too negatively affected by lack of stability, as there is great resources, the team is quite young, and they're in a healthy position to challenge for honours, so no major changes are needed.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
They would have won more but then they have won cups since he left chopping and changing. he also won the league in his first season just like Wenger and Ancelotti. So that's 3 different managers winning the league in there first season with a good team. I say that as when Mancini came we where no where near good enough. Now we are and he has been here long enough for it to be called stability and as it stands we are about to not win the league

It's interesting that Wenger improved Arsenal by 10 points in his first full season.

Mourinho improved Chelsea by 16 points in his first full season.

Ancelotti improved Chelsea by 3 points in his first full season.

We're currently 15 points ahead of where we were after 31 matches last season.

Stability in itself isn't enough to justify keeping a manager on, but while the club is improving rapidly it seems silly to want to chop and change.

So the improvement in our results as well as performances has been significant.

Does anyone else honestly think Bobby/City will win the title next season with Sir still at Stretford and Mourinho at either Chelsea, Spurs, or Liverpool?

I don't want to come over as a c***(you are jrb) who wants rid of Mancini, but I hnoestly can't see him winning the title next season if Sir finally get's a decent transfer kitty this Summer, and Mourinho get's one of the above clubs and a likewise transfer kitty, which he will insist on if he becomes manager.

jrb said:
Does anyone else honestly think Bobby/City will win the title next season with Sir still at Stretford and Mourinho at either Chelsea, Spurs, or Liverpool?

I don't want to come over as a c***(you are jrb) who wants rid of Mancini, but I hnoestly can't see him winning the title next season if Sir finally get's a decent transfer kitty this Summer, and Mourinho get's one of the above clubs and a likewise transfer kitty, which he will insist on if he becomes manager.

Yeah, but Mancini will also get a considerable transfer budget to improve our team. Imagine what we have now plus a top midfielder, defender, winger, and probably a striker to replace the outgoings. It also isn't guaranteed yet that Mourinho is leaving Real Madrid, he might bide his time if the right job doesn't appear.

jrb said:

To be honest with our squad now having another year together and probably a couple of players coming in this summer I'd expect any manager to win the league next year no matter who it was and who we are up against.
It's always the same when people talk about keeping a manager at a club as if keeping the same one is the most important thing when it's just a small part of it all, you also have to add in to it keeping the squad together and growing as a unit, we keep getting that thrown at us from the other side of town and it appears to have some affect.
I actually think a decent manager can wins things if at a top club with the right funds in a short space of time but to keep on winning over time at the same club thats another thing and seperates the good managers from the very best. Is our manager that I've no idea but he has the right mindset to do so i reckon and to my mind I can only think of a 2 or 3 others who are active now and probably able to do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.