Daily fail stoop to a new level of low...

bobbyowenquiff said:
The article is clearly a joke but in the context of the relentless ongoing campaign by some Mail journalists it is just another attempt to undemine Manchini. Anyone who does not believe the Mail has an agenda in its coverage of City does not understand the way the media works. The Mail is a little Englander paper which panders to some of the worst elements in our national character (a very successful commercial formula). A lot of coverage in the main paper is driven by negative attitudes to foreigners.The Arab owners at City are an easy target for a paper with this political stance. Unfortunately, for most of their readers, they are pushing at an open door. The solution is simple...don't buy it. Boycotts can be very effective. Those with longer memories may recall it was the threat by fans to boycott Greenalls beer (they held a major stake in City at the time) which finally forced Swales off the board.

The Daily Mail and all the rest of the shit will never be able to undermine our Manager, Team or Fans. Any one reading that article regadless of who they support would have watch match of the day and know it is a blatant lie. The only people who seem to react to these made up stories are City fans, on forums like this. The only people who can undermine the manager and team is us the fans by writing negative threads which gives the rag media ammo. Ignore and dont help to promote the shit by making threads with links.

BluePurgatory said:
The only people who can undermine the manager and team is us the fans by writing negative threads which gives the rag media ammo. Ignore and dont help to promote the shit by making threads with links.

How can writing a thread on an internet forum undermine the manager and team, when an article in a national paper doesn't?

moomba said:
crystal_mais said:
Must be me, but I actually find the articles amusing. My opinion people need to chill out and be less sensitive about these things.

Lets enjoy the ride, surely we have far wider things to worry about in our lives than people having a pop at City.

The club don't seem bothered by it.

I'm capable of enjoying the ride, and commenting on City related articles at the same time. It is a forum for discussing football and Manchester City is it not?

I'm commenting on how paranoid our fans are being at the moment against any Article, Highlights programme, Refs or news about City. How many threads are there at the mo regarding negative press, agendas, corruption etc.

Nobody is questioning the need for discussion but some of it I find absolutely laughable.

Me personally couldn't give a toss what is written. These guys have a job to do. If I was a journalist and I'd be the same, sure most fans would.

crystal_mais said:
I'm commenting on how paranoid our fans are being at the moment against any Article, Highlights programme, Refs or news about City. How many threads are there at the mo regarding negative press, agendas, corruption etc.

So what, it's a City forum. Of course we're going to discuss City issues. You call it paranoia, I call it discussion.

Nobody is questioning the need for discussion but some of it I find absolutely laughable.

Me personally couldn't give a toss what is written. These guys have a job to do. If I was a journalist and I'd be the same, sure most fans would.

If I was a journalist I'd have a bit more pride in my work than some of them seem to.

moomba said:
crystal_mais said:

So what, it's a City forum. Of course we're going to discuss City issues. You call it paranoia, I call it discussion.

If I was a journalist I'd have a bit more pride in my work than some of them seem to.

Classification of Issue???

Maybe there's a job for you then????

moomba said:
BluePurgatory said:
The only people who can undermine the manager and team is us the fans by writing negative threads which gives the rag media ammo. Ignore and dont help to promote the shit by making threads with links.

How can writing a thread on an internet forum undermine the manager and team, when an article in a national paper doesn't?

We expect negative shit from the media, but our supporters should not be promoting it on forums, which only helps to promote more shit being posted which in turn divides the fans, which is then taken on to the terraces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.