Daily Fail - They will try anyting to bury the club!

I think the Daily Faschist should look a bit closer to home in future when it comes to human rights as a few of our soldiers havent exactly covered themselves with glory in the past week with revelations of torturing an innocent man to death in Iraq ..........

there are some circles in the uk who would hate to see an arab owned club winning the league.

the other side of the coin: there could be an image problem for the sheikh investments in a country ravaged by riots and where police is brutalizing and killing colored youth.

But there won't be anything in the press when the rags float in Singapore, a country which frowns on political opposition.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Singapore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_ri ... _Singapore</a>

citijin said:
there are some circles in the uk who would hate to see an arab owned club winning the league.

the other side of the coin: there could be an image problem for the sheikh investments in a country ravaged by riots and where police is brutalizing and killing colored youth.

Ravaged by riots...& Cancer! Not looking good ;)

What is telling there is the fact that the academics and amnesty bloke all acknowledge that Abui Dhabi is a great deal more benign than other equivalent regimes in the region.

On that basis the lack of doubt expressed in the article that the people under arrest are such victims is noteworthy. You could point to any regime in the world and identify people whose incarceration was questionably political on the face of it. I am sure that many of the recent rioters could put up a case for persecution if they put their minds to it.

But a government's job, as much as anything else, is to maintain order and uphold the rule of law and this is what I imagine is the underlying feature here.

Given the agendas that some have against our club, I'm surprised more stories like this haven't surfaced tbh. The fact that they haven't given how much papers like the Mail will doubtless be looking for them, speaks volumes about the moderate nature of the regime in Abu Dhabi.

Perhaps the real problem, in fact, is that the regime in Abu Dhabi is far too liberal for the Daily Mail's liking...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
What is telling there is the fact that the academics and amnesty bloke all acknowledge that Abui Dhabi is a great deal more benign than other equivalent regimes in the region.

On that basis the lack of doubt expressed in the article that the people under arrest are such victims is noteworthy. You could point to any regime in the world and identify people whose incarceration was questionably political on the face of it. I am sure that many of the recent rioters could put up a case for persecution if they put their minds to it.

But a government's job, as much as anything else, is to maintain order and uphold the rule of law and this is what I imagine is the underlying feature here.

Given the agendas that some have against our club, I'm surprised more stories like this haven't surfaced tbh. The fact that they haven't given how much papers like the Mail will doubtless be looking for them, speaks volumes about the moderate nature of the regime in Abu Dhabi.

Perhaps the real problem, in fact, is that it is far too liberal for the Daily Mail's liking...

Excellent post .

Rather amusing really, UAE is not a dictatorship really, more a kind of traditional clan chieftain rulership, you can moan as much as you like in the ruling Sheikhs faces, as a matter of fact it´s part of their ruling system where every powerful guy have to listen to complains about once a week, usually at his home..look up Majlis if you like.
The legal nutter is that if you are regarded as insulting someone, regardless of if it´s a simple baker or a Royal you might go to prison, arab laws are particular about insults regardless of country.
Tell an airport copper that he´s an idiot and you might go to jail, go visit his boss at majlis and tell him that he´s employing idiots and you are a pillar of the community.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.