Daily Mail, your media etc

This looks like the iPaper website. Why do they run with this shite or did we all miss the vote in the Commons today on applying VAT to school fees?

Is that him with his wife?

Anyway, if he can’t afford it I’m sure he’ll find a ver good state school that will give her all the chances that the rest will get.

Someone’s just left a Daily Express, in a carrier bag, on my back gate. It’s clearly not been read so I can only assume they’re giving them away in the hope some gullible idiots will pay £1.50 for it in the future. It’s the first printed newspaper I’ve read for longer than I can remember and it’ll be the last. It’s a bit like you’d imagine the ‘Daily Reform’ might look like. Ann Widdicombe and Jonathan Gullis in the same newspaper is too much for me!

Someone’s just left a Daily Express, in a carrier bag, on my back gate. It’s clearly not been read so I can only assume they’re giving them away in the hope some gullible idiots will pay £1.50 for it in the future. It’s the first printed newspaper I’ve read for longer than I can remember and it’ll be the last. It’s a bit like you’d imagine the ‘Daily Reform’ might look like. Ann Widdicombe and Jonathan Gullis in the same newspaper is too much for me!
Doubt it can even be repurposed as bog roll as it probably won’t flush. Maybe it could be used as kindling?

It seems to me the main role of 'newspapers' is to play on people's fears. For example, today there is some talk about means-testing pensions. I don't believe for a second any government would dare without putting it in its manifesto, so it's just scaremongering.

I would put 20% VAT on opinion papers, as opposed to 0% on genuine newspapers.

Do the sudoku and crosswords then use it to line the cat litter tray.

It seems to me the main role of 'newspapers' is to play on people's fears. For example, today there is some talk about means-testing pensions. I don't believe for a second any government would dare without putting it in its manifesto, so it's just scaremongering.

I would put 20% VAT on opinion papers, as opposed to 0% on genuine newspapers.

What about free newspapers? should they have to pay a duty?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.