Dalian Atkinson - Policeman guilty of manslaughter

RIP.

He scored a good diving header for us in front of the North Stand on his debut for us. Should be in the main forum.

RIP.

He scored a good diving header for us in front of the North Stand on his debut for us. Should be in the main forum.
When I started this thread, I put it in the main forum as he was a former City player, however brief his stay with us was. Not sure why it was shifted down here to be honest. Any mod care to explain?

Ha! No, I'm sure we actually had to leave the stand (I was in the Kippax lower and any evacuation would have been better during the game in those days!) but I could be wrong

You're absolutely bang on the money mate. I was on the back row of the upper tier of the Kippax in those days and we got in a few minutes before the scheduled 3pm kick-off and I remember seeing mainly Stoke fans on the pitch in front of the away section of the North Stand. At first I thought it had booted off - Stoke fans had a bigger rep than most for that kind of thing during the 90's - but was then informed that a fire alarm had gone off. IIRC the kick-off time was put back 45 mins to 3.45 and we won 2-0 with Atkinson scoring on his debut. I remember being quite excited that we'd signed him even though he'd dropped off the radar in the previous few years.

RIP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.