DAMM YOOUU, SHADDYYYYYY...!

SHADES!!! I've NEVER seen that video before!! I must say that record was one of THE if not THE best comeback/ put downs ever recorded!!

I remeber being in my community hall, practising break moves, when the local Hip Hop Dj came running in with the tape, saying we HAD to listen! We were gob smacked that a GIRL had done this tune!!

Top man! Top find!!

Shante's 'Bite This'
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aPUIuvgFXwI&feature=related

Brilliant MC battles that left it all on the record. Not stupid fights and gun battles! REAL Hip Hop! Go Marly Marl!

Shante.... i still have Bite This on import 12" i bought in Groove Records down in Soho Square. Best record shop for Hip Hop bar none. We used to go on the train just to get records. Groove Records, Reckless Records, Bluebird Records.

Memories!

Bigga said:
Dave H said:
Shante.... i still have Bite This on import 12" i bought in Groove Records down in Soho Square. Best record shop for Hip Hop bar none. We used to go on the train just to get records. Groove Records, Reckless Records, Bluebird Records.

Memories!

That might be worth a small mint depending on the quality, Dave!

Ooops!

Just had a delve into my vinyl collection, and it wasn't Bite This, it was Shy D Is Back, with DJ Man Cuts It Up and XX Rap on the other side.

It's a white label with a red sticker in the middle of the record. Still Got the little import sticker on it, and the price i paid.... £4.99 for a 12" back in '86!

Found another old classic whilei was there too. Worse 'em - Triple M Bass.... remember that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.