Dani Alves [Merged]

Re: DANI ALVES..

I do not want Alves, he is crap defensively. The only thing I would use him for is a winger which we already have Adam Johnson and SWP. We need a left winger though and I think we need to pursue Angel di Maria.

Real-City said:
I do not want Alves, he is crap defensively. The only thing I would use him for is a winger which we already have Adam Johnson and SWP. We need a left winger though and I think we need to pursue Angel di Maria.

Johnson is a left winger.

Oasis_City said:
Real-City said:

My main problem with Alves is his poor crossing. We will not be getting him anyway as he is one of Robinho's closest friends and I would hazard a guess thay have had a chat.

I would actually be surprised if we get any Brazilians bar Kaka. He somehow seems different in attitude, physique and would probably not listen to the likes of Robi.

Argies for me. Burdisso, Aguero.

Bit surprised there are no links with Italians. They have similar qualities to Argentinian players and of course our manager must know one or two of them well.

Not heard doodly about Cassano for example.

robbieh said:
Oasis_City said:

My main problem with Alves is his poor crossing. We will not be getting him anyway as he is one of Robinho's closest friends and I would hazard a guess thay have had a chat.

I would actually be surprised if we get any Brazilians bar Kaka. He somehow seems different in attitude, physique and would probably not listen to the likes of Robi.

Argies for me. Burdisso, Aguero.

Bit surprised there are no links with Italians. They have similar qualities to Argentinian players and of course our manager must know one or two of them well.

Not heard doodly about Cassano for example.

Dani Alves gets like 15 assists a season so it's not bad for someone who can't cross lol.

Similar to Ashley Cole, way better than any RB we have currently, can't see it happening however.

Do any of you licking his arse watch him closely every week? As some of you have pointed out he is supect defensively, you've got that spot on. He is also poor in the air, which you can get round being a full back so I won't criticise that. He is fairly quick, not the quickest but again he can get by with that. But let's get on to his distribution shall we? He couldn't cross his t's 99% of the time and that really is not good enough is it? His passing in general is poor at the best of times, which again is not acceptable.

You could throw anybody into Barcelona and Brazil's sides and they'd get by comfortably. They are teams that totally dominate the possession and therefore dominate the opposition and he gets more opportunities in those teams than he will in any other side to get at the opposition. He can beat a man, I'll say that, but it's what he does after that which is abysmal. He is the same as Sergio Ramos, who is also a dog of a player.

Put him in our team and I'd guarantee you'd all be crying for him to be dropped because he'd get found out week in week out.

simonr555 said:
Do any of you licking his arse watch him closely every week? As some of you have pointed out he is supect defensively, you've got that spot on. He is also poor in the air, which you can get round being a full back so I won't criticise that. He is fairly quick, not the quickest but again he can get by with that. But let's get on to his distribution shall we? He couldn't cross his t's 99% of the time and that really is not good enough is it? His passing in general is poor at the best of times, which again is not acceptable.

You could throw anybody into Barcelona and Brazil's sides and they'd get by comfortably. They are teams that totally dominate the possession and therefore dominate the opposition and he gets more opportunities in those teams than he will in any other side to get at the opposition. He can beat a man, I'll say that, but it's what he does after that which is abysmal. He is the same as Sergio Ramos, who is also a dog of a player.

Put him in our team and I'd guarantee you'd all be crying for him to be dropped because he'd get found out week in week out.

I watch him week in week out thank you very much.

He got 15 assists last season and 3 goals which isn't to bad for a right back who "couldn't cross his t's 99% of the time" as you so eloquently put it.

His defence is a bit suspect admittedly but he also makes some great tackles which get ignored. When he bombs forward he bombs back again (unlike some players we have now) and is there to help the team out again. His defensive work gets overlooked because he is so good at attacking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.