Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was one of the top performers in the recent CL final. Definitely wouldn't just have to play vs the fodder.

That's the my point. He's the perfect squad player. He has the experience to play in big European games, and the quality to play against teams who'll just play dead - but his age means he won't expect to play every single game. Plus how much could even someone like Walker at his age learn from a year of watching Alves training and in games. This isn't the first time i've said this, I said it earlier in the season when we were first linked with him. I'd have him in a heartbeat - little downside and huge upside.

That must be a misquote surely?

No, but I don't know why anyone is surprised or offended that a Brazilian who grew up in the 80s and 90s doesn't know who we were.

I doubt they saw many old division 2 games in the slum he grew up in.

From a peaked Zaba and Sagna to Alves and Walker and there's people moaning ?

Means Fernandinho will defiantly be playing in midfield too. Hence why we haven't signed a midfielder

That's the my point. He's the perfect squad player. He has the experience to play in big European games, and the quality to play against teams who'll just play dead - but his age means he won't expect to play every single game. Plus how much could even someone like Walker at his age learn from a year of watching Alves training and in games. This isn't the first time i've said this, I said it earlier in the season when we were first linked with him. I'd have him in a heartbeat - little downside and huge upside.

Mendy could learn a hell of a lot too, even though he's on the other side.

People always say Alves is the kind of modern Fullback who doesn't defend, but if you actually watch him he's an absolute master at defending spaces through positioning the way that Pep loves to, and he's better than anyone else at coming into the midfield to create numerical advantage there when needed.

God I hope this happens.

From a peaked Zaba and Sagna to Alves and Walker and there's people moaning ?

Means Fernandinho will defiantly be playing in midfield too. Hence why we haven't signed a midfielder

I'm sure once Walker is also under contract, most (including myself) with be even happier with this move mate..

No, but I don't know why anyone is surprised or offended that a Brazilian who grew up in the 80s and 90s doesn't know who we were.

I doubt they saw many old division 2 games in the slum he grew up in.

You don't need to watch a team play to know they exist...it's the football equivalent of fake news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.