Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know the signing on fee and wages Paris have offered could massively outbid ours.

That's my thinking.
I get that but to quit Juve early he must've had something lined up. To then quote his admiration for Pep again suggests that was City.

To then decide actually I want more money & decide on the day to just accept PSG's offer without discussing with City (seems to be the gist of what's being reported) on top of screwing over Pep he totally changes his plans that've been in place for a couple of weeks just like that?

Sounds a little implausible to me.
Guess all will be revealed soon though, clearly we're in need of fullbacks ASAP so Alves will be sorted in the very near future one way or another.

Dani Alves pens emotional goodbye to Juventus fans ahead of expected Manchester City move and insists: 'I don't play football for money'

We'll certainly find out.

I get that but to quit Juve early he must've had something lined up. To then quote his admiration for Pep again suggests that was City.

To then decide actually I want more money & decide on the day to just accept PSG's offer without discussing with City (seems to be the gist of what's being reported) on top of screwing over Pep he totally changes his plans that've been in place for a couple of weeks just like that?

Sounds a little implausible to me.
Guess all will be revealed soon though, clearly we're in need of fullbacks ASAP so Alves will be sorted in the very near future one way or another.

I don't know mate.

I personally think there was more to it than just Alves wanting to team up with Pep again because at the time maybe it was only us who offered him a better deal than he currently has at Juventus. That's not forgetting the signing on fee.

I think he saw an opportunity with that clause in his Juve contract in which it allowed him to break free this summer. It allowed him - considering the hype around him at the end of the season with everyone saying how he still has it - to get one last big deal.

You have to remember as well that at City - if we sign Walker - he isn't going to be first choice, and maybe Pep explained that too him.

At Paris in the the French Ligue 1, he could and probably has been offered to play every week whilst earning more than he would at City.

Am I the only one who does not care if we miss out on Alves? Yes he is/has been class, but he is 34 and not a long term option. We need 3 to 4 FBs who are young hungry and who will be here for the next 5 years or so. Alves would have been a stop gap not the answer. If he goes to PSG fair play to the lad he will have it easy and earn a fortune. I am the biggest flapper as there is but losing out on Alves does not worry me. If we get 3 decent FBs i fancy us to win the the league, if we get a CB and Sanchez also, I fancy us even more.

it's definitely not as bad as losing Ederson or Mendy (fingers crossed we get him over the line) but Alves even at 34 would've been an excellent addition given what he can bring on and off the pitch, we have mentality issues esp in big games. we're already planning on paying transfer fees for 3 FBs, the thought of getting Alves on free was great. pablo maffeo is rated by Pep but he needs lots of minutes now (on loan) to further his development, so Alves only being here a year or 2 would've been perfect... oh well...

I don't know mate.

I personally think there was more to it than just Alves wanting to team up with Pep again because at the time maybe it was only us who offered him a better deal than he currently has at Juventus. That's not forgetting the signing on fee.

I think he saw an opportunity with that clause in his Juve contract in which it allowed him to break free this summer. It allowed him - considering the hype around him at the end of the season with everyone saying how he still has it - to get one last big deal.

You have to remember as well that at City - if we sign Walker - he isn't going to be first choice, and maybe Pep explained that too him.

At Paris in the the French Ligue 1, he could and probably has been offered to play every week whilst earning more than he would at City.
flapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflapflap

Am I the only one who does not care if we miss out on Alves? Yes he is/has been class, but he is 34 and not a long term option. We need 3 to 4 FBs who are young hungry and who will be here for the next 5 years or so. Alves would have been a stop gap not the answer. If he goes to PSG fair play to the lad he will have it easy and earn a fortune. I am the biggest flapper as there is but losing out on Alves does not worry me. If we get 3 decent FBs i fancy us to win the the league, if we get a CB and Sanchez also, I fancy us even more.
My thoughts too, if we get him great, he will add a lot to the team in CL games, if he goes to Paris and we get walker and Mendy, we will be strong so no problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.