Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a think. Still against.

I might be ageist.

Or it might be that I really thought we had aspirations to catch Bayern and the two Spanish giants with Pep in charge and with signings like KDB and especially Gabriel Jesus we had started to take players that some of those three would have wanted.

I don't think they would want him now in their wildest dreams. An upgrade on what we had is not good enough to achieve the highest honours

I also think he will play (a lot) or else what's the point? Are we freely admitting that under normal circumstances he won't play? Our squad needs to have great players on the bench to catch the three big guns.

I will say he is remarkably good for his age but it's not building for the future or challenging the very top in my opinion. He could have one great season for us but that still doesn't solve the problem we have had for ages.

I don't remember many blues putting Alves forward as someone they wanted before now but as soon as it looks like he's coming it's suddenly an obvious brilliant move.

However, even though Pep has seemingly done the exact opposite of what he has been saying all season with this signing, he is a genius in my eyes so I'm proper confused.

You seem to be under the impression that Alves is the only RB we will sign.

I might be ageist.

Or it might be that I really thought we had aspirations to catch Bayern and the two Spanish giants with Pep in charge and with signings like KDB and especially Gabriel Jesus we had started to take players that some of those three would have wanted.

I don't think they would want him now in their wildest dreams.

I also think he will play (a lot) or else what's the point? Are we freely admitting that under normal circumstances he won't play? Our squad needs to have great players on the bench to catch the three big guns.

I will say he is remarkably good for his age but it's not building for the future or challenging the very top in my opinion. He could have one great season for us but that still doesn't solve the problem we have had for ages.

I don't remember many blues putting Alves forward as someone they wanted before now but as soon as it looks like he's coming it's suddenly an obvious brilliant move.

However, even though Pep has seemingly done the exact opposite of what he has been saying all season with this signing, he is a genius in my eyes so I'm proper confused.
All depends on what his game is like now. We need personality on the pitch especially if Kompany is not playing. Zabba has also gone, and Toure wont play much so we need personality. He has to be good enough now, and I don't know enough about his last season to know. I doubt many blues do either. Only time I have seen him is in the Champions League highlights. He looked good for the most part, but I wasn't really paying attention at the time. He must be in fairly good nick to make the CL final.

I might be ageist.

I don't think they would want him now in their wildest dreams. An upgrade on what we had is not good enough to achieve the highest honours

We want to be as good as Barcelona and Bayern.

But you don't want someone who was MOTM and completely decided 2 champions league semi finals 2 months ago, and was one of the few Juve players who turned up in the final.

You seem to be under the impression that Alves is the only RB we will sign.
Well he might be. We know we've been in for Walker, but we might have got fed up waiting for Spurs. Maybe this is City moving on? Just speculating. Obviously it's not a long term solution

I might be ageist.

I don't think they would want him now in their wildest dreams.

Dani Alves was just in the CL Final.
Barca would want him now and needed him when their defense kept getting exposed and couldn't play out of the back as well in previous years.

Bayer are still holding on to the last bit of Robben and Ribbery and just had to say goodbye to Alonso and Lahm.

Madrid are hoping Ramos is still elite and just had to let go of Pepe.

These clubs who continuously win trophies and reach CL Finals have player like Dani Alves in their squad for the multitude of reasons posters have already explained in this squad. Without Zlatan and his old age United would've been in some serious trouble, instead he won the community shield and FA Cup and was instrumental in their run to Europa. Not every 30 year old breaks down as fast as Wayne Rooney all of a sudden. These world class players are world class because of the amount of work thet put in, including diets and excercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.