Dani Alves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 34 , you pretend it's what we all wanted if you like , I live in the real world , it's a 2008 type signing .
But some players do just go and on. Obviously he wont be the player he was when he left Barca but if he's 80% that's still some player.

There some players whose game falls off a cliff at 30 let alone 34, but some can go on and on. There are some 100m printers like Kim Collins who were running 100m at 40 in 10 seconds.

No.
5m isn't much but add that to his wages - I would say 7m would be a conservative estimate and you are looking at 12m for a back up full back for the year. If walker signs and is 1st choice, we would likely be paying around half a million per game for alves.

That sounds a lot like Zabaleta's and Sagna's wages for one year.

He actually looked really good in the CL and still clearly one of the best left backs in the world, however no disrespect to Serie A but it seems a lot more friendly to old legs than the premier league and unless we are paying a modest wage with the view that our other fullbacks can learn a great deal from him then I'm not sure it's the right signing if we are paying the big bucks on wages we want players with legs to challenge for a place week in week out.

You seem to be under the impression that Alves is the only RB we will sign.

No I have said the opposite. I think we need a strong squad for now and the future so even if he does share the role I don't think he is the long term answer.

Let me guess this right, some people aren't happy we might be buying dani alves?! Have those whinging watched him play recently? The guys a machine at both ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.