Daniel Agger (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Haze said:
Godin from Atletico is mentioned a lot as a replacement for Agger.

Anyone seen him? It's said he would be cheap, under 8m.

A possiblity as we also have been linked to Stéphane Mbia. Still keeping my fingers crossed on Agger though.

carlos92 said:
Blue Haze said:

A possiblity as we also have been linked to Stéphane Mbia. Still keeping my fingers crossed on Agger though.

If we land Agger is for a big big transfer fee - Liverpool are effectively seeting a high price so that we fund their fucking transfer wndow

Dont know if he is worth it to be honest

dctid said:
carlos92 said:
Blue Haze said:

If we land Agger is for a big big transfer fee - Liverpool are effectively seeting a high price so that we fund their fucking transfer wndow

Dont know if he is worth it to be honest

The price is a bit steep but he has got both Premier League and Champions League experience.

Liverpool will of took the piss out of us big time if we pay anything above 20million for Agger.

Hes a quality defender, but according to stats on a liverpool forum hes only played 47% of possible games for them since he joined the club due to injury. Statistics of games played per season since hes been there appear to back this up.

Some have mentioned that its not the same injury so he therefore is not injury prone. Irrelevant. His body has clearly not been able to handle the demands of being a pro footballer. There is nothing to suggest he has outgrown his injury problems. Can we really justify paying upwards of 20 million for a player whos track record says hes going to miss half a season every year through injury?

As others have mentioned, cant believe we are going to go around or over 25 million when for an extra 8 million or so we could of gone n signed a same aged, fitter and better Thiago Silva to make up the most athletic and fearsome central defensive partnership in world football with Vinnie.

Tevez City said:
Vertonghen cost 12 mil and Liverpool wants double that amount for Agger !

Ajax are a selling club these days, and dutch football is of a shocking standard, so Vertonghen remains relatively unproved and i can see why he went for around that price. But i take your point.

Godín for under 10m is a better business for me than Agger for 20+ m.

Agger is better than Vertonghen atm but if we compare the fees Vertonghen is a lot more value buy. Lot cheaper, wanted the Spurs move, ambitious, wants to learn the PL football, he was captain of Ajax, Kompany said earlier how good he can be. And not tattoing Pool thing on himself on the top of it.:)
Not mentioning the difference in injury record.

And if Agger is really cup-tied on the top of it I don't know why we would pay 20+ m. Closer to 15 m for me. If there isnt big problem in medical. Any potential risk, stop the transfer. If they want fund their new signings from that extra City premium we would have to spend on Agger then we should let them have Agger.
And sell Suarez for somewhere for good money.:D
Or forget about their new summer signings.

They still didnt get any good fee for outgoing players (like us), but made good savings in wages probably.
Selling Carroll is hard, their only big money income could be Agger.

They want to do it if they are looking to sell one of their best ynwa tattooed defender instead of Carroll who isnt in Rodgers first team plan maybe.

If he wouldnt have so many injuries I would be happy to get him. But he is not really better than Sneijder in terms of injuries.

Last 3 years he started 23+12+24 PL matches.

He also said earlier about his back injuries:
"I asked myself if it was worth continuing playing. When you can't even lift your own child out of bed, then something is terribly wrong," he said.

I have to say Skrtel for 15m-18 m would be a better business than Agger for 22-27m. Skrtel had a fantastic season in a very bad team. And he started 71 matches in the league last two seasons out of the max. 76.
Agger only 35 times

And City was linked with Skrtel two weeks ago that's the fun part. Since than it became instantly Agger. Probably Liverpool rates Skrtel higher. Wouldnt surprise me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.