Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agger Bid

reddishblue said:
LoveCity said:
Possibly, but only if Kompany and Agger develop a partnership as good as Kompany and Lescott have. No doubt Agger is more talented than Lescott but it's how good a partnership with Kompany can be. Kompany always lavishes praise on Lescott.

Just a thought, what if Kompany was pushed into midfield where I believe his best position may be? I remember his debut v wet spam and he was very impressive in that role.

I'd love us to play Kompany in that Yaya role he can dribble tackle but his long passing is a bit suspect

Re: Agger Bid

reddishblue said:
LoveCity said:
Possibly, but only if Kompany and Agger develop a partnership as good as Kompany and Lescott have. No doubt Agger is more talented than Lescott but it's how good a partnership with Kompany can be. Kompany always lavishes praise on Lescott.

Just a thought, what if Kompany was pushed into midfield where I believe his best position may be? I remember his debut v wet spam and he was very impressive in that role.
Thankfully you are in the minority that think his best role is at DM

waspish said:
reddishblue said:
LoveCity said:

I'd love us to play Kompany in that Yaya role he can dribble tackle but his long passing is a bit suspect

I don't think it is. Did you see his goal in the the friendly? Fantastic pass and forward run for the return and then he chipped the keeper....

reddishblue said:
waspish said:
reddishblue said:

I don't think it is. Did you see his goal in the the friendly? Fantastic pass and forward run for the return and then he chipped the keeper....
Hardly a long ball though was it? The only criticism that can be attributed to Kompany last season was that too often he just hoofed the ball up the pitch to no one.

But that's not our usual game so it doesn't really come into play that much.

reddishblue said:
waspish said:
reddishblue said:

That's one example, the main criticism of Kompany is that his long passing is pretty poor, quite a few times last season he'd go for the 'Hollywood' pass, and then end up thumping it either to the opposition keeper or into the stands.

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
ForzaMancini said:
Hmm not sure on Agger, I don't like him personally but he is a very good cb. However I think he is only slightly better than Lescott individually but he will have his work cut out to form as good a partnership with Kompany as Lescott has. I think for the money he will cost it isn't worth it just to potentially slightly improve a position. Much better spending less on a player like Jagielka who is still solid but would be happy to play back-up.

And have to deal with Everton again? No chance.
i don't like jagielka, but thought of giving the toffees funds so that they don't need to sell baines appeals slightly

Rammyblues said:
I have been told can play holding role in midfield as well (or did I dream that)
He can play left back. Not too sure about midfield

waspish said:
reddishblue said:
LoveCity said:

Why - Kompany is one of the best centre halfs in the world today as a midfield player he would not (still very good though but not at the same level he is as a centre half)

Horses for courses Kompany is a centre half a position he excells at why change?

pudge said:
reddishblue said:
waspish said:

Hardly a long ball though was it? The only criticism that can be attributed to Kompany last season was that too often he just hoofed the ball up the pitch to no one.

But that's not our usual game so it doesn't really come into play that much.

No it wasn't but sometimes you need to hoof the ball. Personally I think Hart's distribution could be improved considerably. However he will not need to "hoof" the ball so much if he were in midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.