Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

I don't think he will replace Kolo at all, If agger signs it means Mancini has the opportunity of either sticking with a flat back four or playing 3 centre backs as we have during the friendlies. Kolo if he stays will go to ACON. That is when we missed the defensive cover last time. Agger from all accounts is a few weeks behind fitness wise but should be up and running by the time we hit the cups and CL. I wouldn't sell Kolo for a further reason is that he did a bloody good job at right back which means Zab could be used in midfield or left back. It just gives us depth and cover IMO this is all about the squad not what the so called first eleven looks like (if we have such a thing as first eleven). :-)

Hmm not sure on Agger, I don't like him personally but he is a very good cb. However I think he is only slightly better than Lescott individually but he will have his work cut out to form as good a partnership with Kompany as Lescott has. I think for the money he will cost it isn't worth it just to potentially slightly improve a position. Much better spending less on a player like Jagielka who is still solid but would be happy to play back-up.

Or Agger/Kompany and Lescott in a defensive three. Or on a rotation policy in a game where back four used

Kolo/Lescott
Agger/Toure

ForzaMancini said:
Hmm not sure on Agger, I don't like him personally but he is a very good cb. However I think he is only slightly better than Lescott individually but he will have his work cut out to form as good a partnership with Kompany as Lescott has. I think for the money he will cost it isn't worth it just to potentially slightly improve a position. Much better spending less on a player like Jagielka who is still solid but would be happy to play back-up.

And have to deal with Everton again? No chance.

Possibly, but only if Kompany and Agger develop a partnership as good as Kompany and Lescott have. No doubt Agger is more talented than Lescott but it's how good a partnership with Kompany can be. Kompany always lavishes praise on Lescott.

bluelol said:
Some interesting comments from the pool

<a class="postlink" href="http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/314055-Liverpool-to-consider-Agger-sale" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/3 ... Agger-sale</a>
Had to laugh at the guy saying they should sign Hummels if Agger leaves

LoveCity said:
Possibly, but only if Kompany and Agger develop a partnership as good as Kompany and Lescott have. No doubt Agger is more talented than Lescott but it's how good a partnership with Kompany can be. Kompany always lavishes praise on Lescott.

Just a thought, what if Kompany was pushed into midfield where I believe his best position may be? I remember his debut v wet spam and he was very impressive in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.