Daniel Agger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Agger Bid

blue underpants said:
I agree weve had apiss poor summer transfer window as champions we should be building on our sucsess not sitting back on our laurels cause believe me everybody is waiting to pounce on any sign of weakness.
If it all goes tits up this season Marwood should be strung up by his knackers on one of those supports that hold the stadium roof up FFPor not

I take the opposite view. IMO buying no one is a positive move. Who are these players that could really improve us? This close season there is a shortage of top quality players available. By all accounts hazard was the one young gem who we could have got but we took the wise decision and were not taken for a ride
Now I like DDR and I like RVP but they are getting on. Both would add a little quality but these kind of signings stink of when Chelsea bought Shevchenko and Ballack.

Now surely it is better to keep the pennies in the bank? Let Chelsea and PSG spend shit loads of money on decent but not the elite players. Let them test the water in regards to FFP. Over the next 12 months opportunities may arise for other players to come to prominence. Next year Wilshire may want to leave for example, Higuain may fancy a move etc. It would put us in a great position as we may have a clear run at a better quality player than what is available today,

No point just chucking money away unless it strengthens us. IMO we still have the best squad in England. Natural progression should see us improve anyway. if we don't win a trophy this upcoming season, so what? Since when has being a City fan ever been all about winning stuff?

cmdub said:
wilshere is a really bad example btw

Maybe that just emphasises the lack of quality players going about at the minute who could improve us.
For the record I like Wilshire and think he could do Barry's job with a little extra panache.

newtonheathdave said:
blue underpants said:
I agree weve had apiss poor summer transfer window as champions we should be building on our sucsess not sitting back on our laurels cause believe me everybody is waiting to pounce on any sign of weakness.
If it all goes tits up this season Marwood should be strung up by his knackers on one of those supports that hold the stadium roof up FFPor not

I take the opposite view. IMO buying no one is a positive move. Who are these players that could really improve us? This close season there is a shortage of top quality players available. By all accounts hazard was the one young gem who we could have got but we took the wise decision and were not taken for a ride
Now I like DDR and I like RVP but they are getting on. Both would add a little quality but these kind of signings stink of when Chelsea bought Shevchenko and Ballack.

Now surely it is better to keep the pennies in the bank? Let Chelsea and PSG spend shit loads of money on decent but not the elite players. Let them test the water in regards to FFP. Over the next 12 months opportunities may arise for other players to come to prominence. Next year Wilshire may want to leave for example, Higuain may fancy a move etc. It would put us in a great position as we may have a clear run at a better quality player than what is available today,

No point just chucking money away unless it strengthens us. IMO we still have the best squad in England. Natural progression should see us improve anyway. if we don't win a trophy this upcoming season, so what? Since when has being a City fan ever been all about winning stuff?

Good post NHD

Agger Bid

borassic said:
Fuckin hell there's been some serious flapping on here today by everyone involved.

People flapping at Tolmie getting something wrong, Tolmie then flaps at the people questioning his ITK status, other people then flap at Tolmie for flapping and the rest of the flappers flap at them.

In all fairness...it's the internet. People have every right to question Tolmie. I personally looked out for his posts and enjoyed his clues although I did take them all with a pinch of salt. They were reasonably ambiguous but I do not doubt he had some sort of connection at City.

Bit babyish to do one though. Has he pm'd anyone regarding todays dud info?
this x20

Vincent said:
The abuse of Tolmie in the "It's Quiet" thread was a bit OTT.

In all fairness his information Sinclair was signing today was completely duff as we aren't remotely interested in him purely trying to speed up the signing of Agger.

However, this doesn't justify the levels of abuse aimed at him.

I have posted one or two bits of solid info since signing up to the forum, but after seeing the events in the "It's Quiet" thread any future info I will be keeping only to PM's.

It isn't worth the abuse if a certain piece of information doesn't pan out exactly how posters expect.

We'll hold you to that

newtonheathdave said:

Well said Dave, spending for spendings sake, truth is, we need very few players to add to this squad, just a couple of key areas need addressing, I'm sure most people can see where that is, but that's just from what I see, if Bobby feels differently then so be it.

Wonder what the connection is between Agger and Sinclair. If they played in the same position the op might have a point.

So Liverpool want 25m now, was 20 then 22.. Well you can fuck off you robbing bin dipping bastards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.