Daniel van buyten question??

M18CTID said:
Bodicoteblue said:
As I remember , I think we could have had him for about 1.3 mill !
Do I remember right , he limped off against Leeds and David Sommeil replaced him and presented the ball to Alan smith for the winner?

Pretty sure that Sommeil didn't replace him in that Leeds game as he'd gone out on loan at the same time van Buyten came in. In fact, it might have even been a loan swap involving both players between us and Marseille.

Edit - just checked and it was indeed a loan swap with van Buyten coming to us and Sommeil going to Marseille. I actually rated Sommeil more than many of our fans but van Buyten was a different class altogether.

and the game was a draw I think

Neville Kneville said:
He was good in a back 3 but shite in a back 4 imo.

Agreed, he was more suited to playing as the middle of 3 CBs, his anticipation and marking were good but I thought he lacked any real pace, once an opponent was past him he struggled to recover.

If David Sommeil wasn't a big bag of shit, we could have had Van Buyten in a swap deal (and no,they were not at City at the same time). On another note, he did fuck all for us, as he hardly played.

Without question Daniel Van Buyten is an absoulte quality player but I remember being a bit underwhelmed with her performances at City and never understand why people go on about him after a mere 6 games for us. I remember coming out of Elland Road thinking he was poor and culpable for the goal and similarly at Anfield also. Maybe it is memory playing tricks.

He has proven he is a fantastic player since and so I think judgements of his time at City are based on that....Looking forward to the threads about Jerome Boateng in the the future and how great he was also.

Barcon said:
If David Sommeil wasn't a big bag of shit, we could have had Van Buyten in a swap deal (and no,they were not at City at the same time). On another note, he did fuck all for us, as he hardly played.

WHOA, now now fella, chill out.

Simmer yourself, before myself and David come round and throw you through your fucking patio doors.

Whitworth Park said:
The guy was class, unfortunately got injured, as I remember it would have cost us 4 Mil to buy him, we had a total lack of direction, no interest, and no money so we passed it up.
Can you imagine, instead of lard arse Dunne.
Richard Dunne was an excellent player for us.

Slicker than Sommeil said:
Barcon said:

WHOA, now now fella, chill out.

Simmer yourself, before myself and David come round and throw you through your fucking patio doors.

Bring Hollands pies.

He played well in the home derby game but got caught out in the away matches ending with the penalty, sending off and injury at Leeds and starting with Liverpool and the Owen goal.

The Leeds game was a relegation 6 pointer.

Most people seem to only remember him for the derby game though.

I saw him play for Hamburg a couple of times after he left City. He always struck me as somebody who could be brilliant for 89 minutes and then gift the opposition an open goal.
A bit like R....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.