Danilo - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were much more solid down the left when he came on for Mendy but he wasn't as effective as Mendy going forward. That being said, Sane flourished without Mendy and I wondered was there anything in that. Not criticising but maybe Mendy going forward takes something from Sane that Danilo doesn't

Thought we were much more solid down the left when he came on for Mendy but he wasn't as effective as Mendy going forward. That being said, Sane flourished without Mendy and I wondered was there anything in that. Not criticising but maybe Mendy going forward takes something from Sane that Danilo doesn't

No issue here, just check the goal between Mendy and Sane, just a little time needed.
Just going off instinct here, there is a natural chemistry between players of Mendy and Sane ilk.

And you are probably right Danilo feeds Sane Earlier, however Mendy will probably provide him a few more assists. Which is more effective time will tell.

I must admit in feeding Sane earlier he has more time to get into his stride.
Sane in full flight is one of my favourite things in football. So I will side with Danillo for now.

Think it could be a bit of a blessing to go with Danilo against Chelsea. Defensively solid and can still offer a bit going forwards. Although he has to combat that with playing Sane so we've still got a big threat down either flank, similar formation to yesterday really.

Sané played on the right whilst Mendy was on. Sterling and Sané swapped sides the moment Mendy went off and we looked far more dangerous.

He wasn't effective going forward because he is right footed, and it's difficult to demand from a natural right footer to be effective going forward while playing on the left. If he plays on the right side, he's effective in both aspects of the game. Remember he made the assist for sterling's late goal against bournemouth.

Having said that, he will always do a job for you defensively no matter where he plays. Great signing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.