Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that Kyle has a longstanding abdominal issue which is causing him an issue again. It would certainly explain his decline. If true Danilo is going to be first choice for a while.
That's sad to hear - hope that Kyle can overcome this.

He's really shown a mature side to his game, I thought he was a bit lightweight when he first signed but gradually he's grown into his role as right/left back and I'm sure he's played the ferna role a couple of times late on in games.
He's really impressed me and I think he'll become a bit of a cult hero with us as he seems to be playing with his heart on his sleeve lately and giving his all for team.

Let’s not forget he has a shot on him as well. He’ll be on the score sheet at least once before the end of the season.

I believe his performances at LB last season being bad are exaggerated. If I recall the issue was that he was right footed and playing LWB, so we really struggled for creativity down that side due to width, or lack thereof. Not that he was bad, per se.

I'm glad he's looking back to his better self. Hopefully this is like the Aguero/Jesus dynamic but with him and Walker, whereby whenever the understudy starts to look like a threat the main man comes back with a point to prove. I like Danilo a lot, but a fit and firing 100% Walker is a truly top class RB who'd I'd rather in the team.

But as it is, the more good games Danilo has the better. He's a significantly better attacker than Walker, so having him as rotation, competition, and variety only does us favours moving ahead.

Would like to see him start Burton and Wolves.

So many positives from this because
1.Danilo needs a run of games
2. Walker needs a rest
3. Walker has been some what complacent recently and this would focus him.

Would've preferred him to keep his place at RB, thought he had earned it based on recent performances.

I wonder what Walker would be like at LB? Maybe he’d be no better or worse than Danilo?

Really showing what he's made of now. Good involvement in the goals, good defending, gets up the pitch well on the overlap.

Just need Mendy to come back in the next fornight and we can play Danilo RB, Mendy LB and give Walker the extended break he so obviously needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.