Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we sell a 27 year old top class player in his prime who has a contract till 2022 for 13 million GBP when we bought him for 28 million GBP.....?

Why would we sell a 27 year old top class player in his prime who has a contract till 2022 for 13 million GBP when we bought him for 28 million GBP.....?

The answer could be:

opponents are aware that City don't have much free foreign spots to improve the squad.

Right now Sandler is one of the 17 on our A list, but Jesus - now 22 - will take that spot from next season.
If we want to sign a foreign player we have to release a player like Danilo? Or Ota? Komps? Gundogan?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*** EDIT: the next paragraph is nonsense, pease ignore!!!***

I always thought we could save 1 spot by having a homegrown second keeper, but I recently had to learn that UEFA rules demand at least 2 keepers on A list plus 1 on A or B list!!
That means, even a future homegrown keeper like Muric would be one of 17 on A list.
Next season that would likely be Bravo (last contract year) or Steffen (if eligible?).
Effectively we have 15 foreign spots available for field players.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As soon as Txiki is open to any talks about a City player the other side will know that we have certain plans
- and the transfer fee goes down.

Last edited:
The rumours are that Ota and Danilo will be gone so it shouldnt be too much of an issue, especially if we draft in one or two younger players.

The answer could be:

opponents are aware that City don't have much free foreign spots to improve the squad.

Right now Sandler is one of the 17 on our A list, but Jesus - now 22 - will take that spot from next season.
If we want to sign a foreign player we have to release a player like Danilo? Or Ota? Komps? Gundogan?

I always thought we could save 1 spot by having a homegrown second keeper, but I recently had to learn
that UEFA rules demand at least 2 keepers on A list plus 1 on A or B list!!

That means, even a future homegrown keeper like Muric would be one of 17 on A list.
Next season that would likely be Bravo (last contract year) or Steffen (if eligible?).
Effectively we have 15 foreign spots available for field players.

As soon as Txiki is open to any talks about a City player the other side will know that we have certain plans
- and the transfer fee goes down.
I get that and you make total sense. I don't know how Utd can make profits on Lukaku & Pogba if what we believe in the media is true. Every other club will no Utd's plan to offload and restock.

I have to say, if he does leave this summer I think it's a shame we never got to see him get a run of 6 or 7 games in a row at RB so he could show what he could do at his natural position.

That's why Danilo is leaving actually. Brazilian guy coming in here, supposed to be good at "passing the ball", and taking a good paying job away from a proper hard man defender. Plus, he's only got one name.
Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.