Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
By way of comparison, Danilo managed 2,476 minutes last year but has only amassed 1,477 minutes this year. Too good a player not to be playing somewhere.

That's why Danilo is leaving actually. Brazilian guy coming in here, supposed to be good at "passing the ball", and taking a good paying job away from a proper hard man defender. Plus, he's only got one name.
At least it was Danilinho.

I always thought we could save 1 spot by having a homegrown second keeper, but I recently had to learn
that UEFA rules demand at least 2 keepers on A list plus 1 on A or B list!!

That means, even a future homegrown keeper like Muric would be one of 17 on A list.
Whilst the first part is I believe correct, I'm not sure the second part is. A squad can consist of 25 players (4 club trained, 4 association trained and 17 others)
A future home grown (Club Trained) player would take one of the 4 club trained spots, so wouldn't count in the 17 others

Whilst the first part is I believe correct, I'm not sure the second part is. A squad can consist of 25 players (4 club trained, 4 association trained and 17 others)
A future home grown (Club Trained) player would take one of the 4 club trained spots, so wouldn't count in the 17 others
That's how I thought I understood it too. But can't say I'm absolutely sure.

Please ignore it, I'll edit that part as being rubbish. Doh...
You are spot on, thanks!

Looks like he`s staying. Great news if he is

Translation: Time to rest. See you in 2019/20

Could he do a job as a central defender? - six feet tall (I think) so could compete if not dominate in the air and has the ball skills to play from the back.
He is too good a player to play as little as he has.

Could he do a job as a central defender? - six feet tall (I think) so could compete if not dominate in the air and has the ball skills to play from the back.
He is too good a player to play as little as he has.
Or could he be the next Fernandino? Equally as hard as nails but with quality too.

Probably the first time I heard him speak in English at the parade and it was excellent.

Danilo is quality, really hope he stays.

If he leaves in search of more playing time then fair play to him but I'd like to have him back. A versatile squad player. I know he's in his late 20's but I feel his best is yet to come, tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.