Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walker is not crap by any means and has plenty of good games. I just think that with Danilo instead you don’t loose much defensively but you gain a lot offensively. Not just himself but how others come into the game. Eg Sterling+Danilo > Sterling+Walker.

Against Bournemouth, there were some lapses on defense down our right flank.

For example, at one point the Bournemouth winger (or whomever was attacking on their far left at the time) was left wide open - maybe 15 yards or so to our nearest defender - deep in our territory with all the time in the world to do whatever he wanted.

Maybe this was due to a miscommunication between Otters and Danilo- maybe Danilo dropped his man intentionally expecting Otters to pick up.

Whatever the case - I'm far more confident when Walker starts - this sort of error doesn't seem to happen when Walker plays; as of late, Walker may be out-of-position a bit or prone to an errant pass - but I still trust him on defense far more than I trust Danilo.

Going forward, Danilo is the better option (by a bit - Danilo isn't world class going forward) - but for me, this does not outweigh Walker's defensive contribution.

Last edited:
Damn I was thinking a good game from him today and he might get his chance at being our first choice right back. Hopefully he is back in time for those post Christmas fixtures.

Looks like he is back in training which will be a big help over the next few weeks if he stays fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.