Danilo 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
For whatever reason I feel more confident when Walker is on the pitch, although I know he has flaws too. But maybe that's just pure instinct and I can be completely wrong.
Me too.

But Danilo is no slouch - so I'm not worried when Danilo is on the pitch - we'll do better on offense but less well on defense.

Last edited:
A bit rusty. But I've come to the conclusion he is as good as Walker. Just different.

Far more comfortable on the ball and arguably a better passer.

Given the frequency with which he's playing, it's testimony to his quality that he can come in and play to such a standard. His willingness to keep pressing and run his marker beyond the eighteen-yard line is also a hallmark of his fitness.

Not helped today by Otamendi being a bit sluggish and Bernardo being slow to come back in the first half. Hope Danilo starts at Watford and Walker can then come back against Chelsea.

He adds a lot to the team going forwards. But he also helps you appreciate just how good a defender Walker is too.

The competition between them should benefit all parties.

I think we are a much better team with him at right back. He has a better football brain than Walker.

He’d be my first choice RB but that’s not to say that Walker should also play plenty of games.

I do not think we are better with him on the right. At least not yet. For all his faults, Walker gives you greater comfort at RB when teams attack us but when one player starts most games, it begins to tell on the player physically.

While good for the absent minded moment nearly each match (which I concede is an issue), walker’s pace backward is such an insurance policy, and forward I really think it sparks the others ahead of him into action when things lag. He gets frustrated when things slow down too much and makes the point by running past everyone to tell everyone to get their sh*t together. Like that. Leads by way of example/action when needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.