Danilo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only on Bluemoon would people advocate a player who's started 1 game in midfield playing ahead of Yaya Toure and Fernandinho.

This !

Copa Libertadores final in which Santos won:

Penarol_vs_Santos_2011-06-16.svg

Over 2 legs

The first leg where they drew 0-0 he played in central midfield and in the second leg he played at RB, scored and they won 2-1.

Even in his Santos days they were using him as a RB, Any detailed stats to back up how often he played in midfield during the 2010-11 season at Santos as I can't seem to find any other than in the 2010 season he was listed as a MF player and the following year he was listed as a DF.

Last edited:
Although they drew that game and he played RB (and scored) in the other leg.

Cheers mate.

At least we know he has played in a midfield role.

I think this is Peps answer to an inverted fullback for the right side, of which I think a left side option will follow.

Then we have two powerhouses and two inverted footballing types.

Bernardo Silva hasn't played CM but it's unanimous on here that'll he'll play there?

Bernardo Silva has played as an attacking midfielder his entire career - except one attempt to play him at fullback. Yes at Monaco he started wide, like Nasri & Silva did under Pellegrini, like KDB did often in 15/16, but he's an attacking midfielder and people are saying he's going to play as an attacking midfielder.

So comparing him playing his natural role to Danilo playing in midfield is amazingly convoluted.

Cheers mate.

At least we know he has played in a midfield role.

I think this is Peps answer to an inverted fullback for the right side, of which I think a left side option will follow.

Then we have two powerhouses and two inverted footballing types.

Bertrand is the other LB - I wouldn't say he's a prime candidate for inverted LB, although his ability to play CB in a 3 man defence would be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.