Danny Ings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already said I rate him, but this smacks of post title winning signing under Mancini!

Oh and I guarantee he'd be thought of in higher regard if his name was Danilo Ingsingho
I dont think people are criticising the lad or what he is capable of,but he's a huge drop off in terms of where we are looking.

I've already said I rate him, but this smacks of post title winning signing under Mancini!

Oh and I guarantee he'd be thought of in higher regard if his name was Danilo Ingsingho
There's nothing wrong with Ing's ability mate, he's a good finisher and his all round game isn't bad, but he's 29 and injury prone and just not at the level we're aiming for, however you spell his name.

Rumours Delap is going to be loaned to a championship team next season.

I have heard the same, what frustrates me is that with the league so close to being sewn up there is a real opportunity to bring him off the bench in some of the remaining league games to have a good look at him.

I feel like if there is any truth to this, it's contingent on a very specific set of circumstances.

For example, the plan is almost certainly to release Aguero and replace him with a world class striker (Haaland/Kane).

The only way I see us extending Aguero now is if he shows some life before the summer and we are unable to get who we want up front, in which case we may prefer to wait a year rather than spunking 100m on Martinez or some other alternative.

But even then, I doubt we go into another season with our current striking options, so in that scenario maybe Ings could sign as a third choice, relatively cheap HG player but with a guarantee that he'll get the chance to play regularly if he produces.

The wildcard is Jesus, as his contract is up in '23 and we haven't heard a lot about an extension. If he decided not to renew, the club would have a decision to make on whether there's more value in selling this summer in a depressed market or next summer with one year left. Either way, I feel like a Jesus replacement would be someone with a similar profile, such as Daka. So I'm not certain Ings comes into it.

Basically, I could see us starting next season with something akin to either:

Haaland/Kane, Jesus/Daka
or
Aguero, Jesus/Daka, Ings

(Hoping for the former, with Haaland and Jesus).

I feel like if there is any truth to this, it's contingent on a very specific set of circumstances.

For example, the plan is almost certainly to release Aguero and replace him with a world class striker (Haaland/Kane).

The only way I see us extending Aguero now is if he shows some life before the summer and we are unable to get who we want up front, in which case we may prefer to wait a year rather than spunking 100m on Martinez or some other alternative.

But even then, I doubt we go into another season with our current striking options, so in that scenario maybe Ings could sign as a third choice, relatively cheap HG player but with a guarantee that he'll get the chance to play regularly if he produces.

The wildcard is Jesus, as his contract is up in '23 and we haven't heard a lot about an extension. If he decided not to renew, the club would have a decision to make on whether there's more value in selling this summer in a depressed market or next summer with one year left. Either way, I feel like a Jesus replacement would be someone with a similar profile, such as Daka. So I'm not certain Ings comes into it.

Basically, I could see us starting next season with something akin to either:

Haaland/Kane, Jesus/Daka
or
Aguero, Jesus/Daka, Ings

(Hoping for the former, with Haaland and Jesus).
We've already used all 4 HG spots for Champions League purposes (Aké is actually using a foreign spot despite being homegrown) so there's no advantage to Ings being homegrown. If he were to be signed it would be to replace an existing squad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.